Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-13-2016, 11:39 AM   #1
wakkaday
Groupie
wakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kindle Oasis
have kobo glo hd, but thinking paperwhite? (read it later? question)

i use a lot of the pocket integration on the kobo which is a must
is there an equivalent easy way to get articles on the paperwhite? how does it work and where does it save on the kindle? is it easy access

are their chrome extensions, safari extensions
ios app extensions which i can send articles somehow directly to the kindle?

for example on the kobo i would 'share / save to pocket' which is an option on the chrome extension broswer and also on my iphone

thank you in advance
wakkaday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 01:59 PM   #2
shamanNS
Guru
shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5 [bricked], Kindle PW1
Just google "pocket to kindle" There is no real "integration" (as in built-in apps for a service) on Kindle device itself (like there is Goodreads integration) for none of those "read later" services like Pocket/Instapaper/Readability/... BUT for most of them there is ability for wireless send & deliver article or articles as a book to your Kindle.

Each Kindle registered to Amazon account gets unique e-mail adress that is used for wireless delivery of books/personal documents to that Kindle. That e-mail address is the gateway for "integration" between Kindle and the content on Pocket and the like.
I'm not using Pocket but I've used Instapaper in the past and I know that it has ability to periodically send all unread articles to your Kindle.

So you keep using Pocket and extensions and apps you used to add articles to your Pocket account, now you just need to add to the mix a way (usually some web app like https://p2k.co ) to periodically sent new content to your Kindle e-mail address.

Those types of services/web apps usually create "kindle periodicals" type of mobi book, magazine-like with multiple articles as one book, were Kindle also keeps past issues of a magazine.

Last edited by shamanNS; 03-13-2016 at 02:04 PM.
shamanNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 09:56 AM   #3
mystika1
Addict
mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad Air 2, , Kindle Voyage, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura H2Ov1, Kobo Mini
http://www.amazon.com/gp/sendtokindle

I switched from kobo to kindle and was concerned about missing the pocket integration. I prefer the send to kindle method now and would hate to go back. After send to kindle is installed, just share and click send to kindle. That's it.

Hope this helps,

Penny
mystika1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 03:20 PM   #4
wakkaday
Groupie
wakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kindle Oasis
sent to kindle? is that quite simple or is always share/email/send
is there a one click option like pocket?

i use the chrome browser on desktop

and is there anything like a plug in for the above? and also any apps or plugins that allow a one click send on an IOS DEVICE easily? or via RSS application, i use feedly and that has a pocket intregration... i'm looking for something like that

although i suppose i could send the rss articles over via email

i'm considering moving over to kindle
wakkaday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 03:31 PM   #5
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakkaday View Post
i use the chrome browser on desktop

and is there anything like a plug in for the above?
http://www.amazon.com/gp/sendtokindle/chrome

Quote:
and also any apps or plugins that allow a one click send on an IOS DEVICE easily?
There's a Send to Kindle for Android, but not one for iOS at this time AFAIK.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote