Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 12-30-2015, 11:14 AM   #1
OhJansen
OhJansen began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Arc 7 & Kindle Paperwhite 2
Question Unresponsive touch screen [Kobo Arc]

Hi there.

Last year I won a Kobo Arc in a Discover Kobo monthly draw. However, 8 months or so later, the right side of the screen (something like 1 inch) became unresponsive, from the top to the bottom. Some weeks later, the same happened to the left side of the screen. Over the following weeks, the problem spread until take over 70% of the screen, and stayed like that for some months. Also, I noticed some ghost touches on the top of the screen after some time. Today the whole screen is unresponsive. As I also have a Kindle PW2, I didn't care much about this problem until yesterday, when I broke the screen of my e-reader with an awesome elbow drop. So, I took out my Arc from the drawer with the intention of use it until I fix my Kindle. I hope that this will not be a case of hardware, once I did not find any replacement screen for an Arc so far. Any suggestion how to solve this problem?

Last edited by OhJansen; 01-02-2016 at 09:50 AM.
OhJansen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
arc, kobo tablet, touchscreen