Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 09-21-2008, 07:23 AM   #1
genome2k
Enthusiast
genome2k began at the beginning.

Device: iRex ILIAD
Is there a way to uninstall the FBReader 0.8.14 with Registry Support?

For some reason, after installation I found this version unusable for me. For every file it opens a file there is only one page displayed, some kind of acknowledgement. And sometimes a blank screen. Different files, same results.

There is no icons at all, no settings, unlike some screenshots I saw here.

I would like to give a try for the older build version 0.8.4 but I guess I need to uninstall the current version.
genome2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 09:34 AM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
See FBReader uninstaller. This worked for me, but artur reported problems at the end of where fbreader is placed?.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-22-2008, 05:35 PM   #3
genome2k
Enthusiast
genome2k began at the beginning.

Device: iRex ILIAD
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
See FBReader uninstaller. This worked for me, but artur reported problems at the end of where fbreader is placed?.
Terrific Wallcraft. Now i have cleared the 0.8.14 build out away. No problem. I don't know where my fbreader was placed - the installation process didn't prompt me for a selection.

Finally, I would say I wish all the programs would give its users a leeway by providing an uninstallation function or a stand alone uninstalling packge. This would encourage people like me who knows nothing about linux to move ahead and try.

Thanks again.
genome2k is offline   Reply With Quote