Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-17-2012, 08:52 AM   #121
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Aaaand... that's gtkatlantic running native. nice

(still need to fix horrible menus.)

http://gtkatlantic.sourcearchive.com...2-3/files.html
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TightVNC: kindle:0.0_130.png
Views:	291
Size:	93.9 KB
ID:	96361   Click image for larger version

Name:	TightVNC: kindle:0.0_131.png
Views:	305
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	96362   Click image for larger version

Name:	TightVNC: kindle:0.0_132.png
Views:	292
Size:	90.6 KB
ID:	96363   Click image for larger version

Name:	TightVNC: kindle:0.0_133.png
Views:	305
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	96364   Click image for larger version

Name:	TightVNC: kindle:0.0_135.png
Views:	296
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	96365   Click image for larger version

Name:	TightVNC: kindle:0.0_136.png
Views:	283
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	96366   Click image for larger version

Name:	TightVNC: kindle:0.0_137.png
Views:	260
Size:	75.5 KB
ID:	96367   Click image for larger version

Name:	TightVNC: kindle:0.0_138.png
Views:	286
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	96368   Click image for larger version

Name:	TightVNC: kindle:0.0_139.png
Views:	280
Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	96369   Click image for larger version

Name:	TightVNC: kindle:0.0_140.png
Views:	277
Size:	14.7 KB
ID:	96370   Click image for larger version

Name:	TightVNC: kindle:0.0_141.png
Views:	315
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	96371   Click image for larger version

Name:	GtkAtlantic_143.png
Views:	320
Size:	119.9 KB
ID:	96372   Click image for larger version

Name:	GtkAtlantic_144.png
Views:	308
Size:	119.2 KB
ID:	96373   Click image for larger version

Name:	GtkAtlantic_147.png
Views:	279
Size:	122.2 KB
ID:	96374   Click image for larger version

Name:	TightVNC: kindle:0.0_146.png
Views:	296
Size:	102.3 KB
ID:	96375  

Last edited by twobob; 11-17-2012 at 11:57 AM.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:59 AM   #122
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
Aaaand... that's gtkatlantic running native. nice

(still need to fix horrible menus.)
Is "fix horrible menus" a major or a minor thing to do?
OR
Just unknown at this time?
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-17-2012, 09:06 AM   #123
dos1
20% cooler.
dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by awh_tokyo View Post
It's a bit off-topic but can you tell me where you got your pony screensaver?
Few of them I have from my friend, but most of them I created from art found over the internet and few of them are made entirely by myself.

Quote:
I would guess from his game SuperDerpy (I haven't looked but it's a safe guess.) link under his name...
Well, two of them indeed are from Super Derpy

There is also non-pony art which contains Sówka (Owl), character from a webcomic I was running with gf some time ago ( http://www.sowka.art.pl/ ) and Valves Portal game.

I already provided link to all my wallpapers in this topic, but here it is again: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/31m29lgrp00wdxa/-fEGaacueA

Make sure to check it periodically, as I'm updating it and adding more from time to time
dos1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:10 AM   #124
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It is against site police (guidelines, section 8) to post direct links to copyrighted materials.
Old 11-17-2012, 09:20 AM   #125
baf
Evangelist
baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kt
Quote:
Originally Posted by dos1 View Post
Emdebian Grip is an repository which contains stripped down, but binary compatible Debian packages. It doesn't have all of packages from Debian, only about 2000. You *DON'T* want to have only that repo configured, without official, standard Debian one.
Embedian grip is surely not a good choice for twobob But I went this way and I have basic apps and games in less then 500 MB. There is no Gajim for example, but you can have Pidgin instead and so on.
baf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-17-2012, 09:43 AM   #126
dos1
20% cooler.
dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
It is against site police (guidelines, section 8) to post direct links to copyrighted materials.
There might be two or three ones that I lost track of (I'll review all of them in spare time) and one with screenshot from the game, but most of them were fan-made and released on liberal licenses. My entirely own ones (Sówka and Super Derpy) are under CC-BY-SA 3.0. I'll try to provide list of sources and licenses together with the pack and remove anything that exceeds fair use, but well, I tried to think about it when creating them so it may be that nothing will need to be removed at all.

But I think that's slightly offtopic.
Old 11-17-2012, 09:48 AM   #127
knc1
Going Viral

Better than pressing the "Report Post" button.
You should probably take down the Amazon Kindle artwork.
Old 11-17-2012, 10:13 AM   #128
dos1
20% cooler.

Quote:
Better than pressing the "Report Post" button.
You should probably take down the Amazon Kindle artwork.
It's a modified artwork from jailbreak package, so I guess jailbreak package should be also taken down :P
Old 11-17-2012, 10:59 AM   #129
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Is "fix horrible menus" a major or a minor thing to do?
OR
Just unknown at this time?
hmm. not sure how it is actually declared - so "unknown, under investigation" err. I think it's DOS's theme that I "borrowed" to run native. I'll dig around in that.

but is is actually usable.

to mortgage a property (right click / middle click?) you touch the property and then click "elsewhere" - the first location appears to be chosen as "point of click" - which makes sense. I am thinking about a toolbar widget that lets you set a modmap -e "pointer 1 3 2" / modmap -e "pointer 1 2 3" switch or something so that right / middle click can be adjusted mid play. (or something)

but yeah. got it running. we played a game beginning to end. was a tiny bit fiddly mortgaging until we got the hang of the double finger clicking. then it was all good! with chat! : )

EDIT: It didn't matter that the colours were indistinguishable as the engine monitored all possible moves anyways.

Last edited by twobob; 11-17-2012 at 11:03 AM. Reason: maybe found the cause
Old 11-17-2012, 11:12 AM   #130
dos1
20% cooler.

Quote:
to mortgage a property (right click / middle click?) you touch the property and then click "elsewhere" - the first location appears to be chosen as "point of click" - which makes sense. I am thinking about a toolbar widget that lets you set a modmap -e "pointer 1 3 2" / modmap -e "pointer 1 2 3" switch or something so that right / middle click can be adjusted mid play. (or something)
Another idea that I wanted to implement In SHR on Neo Freerunner, which has single-touch screen, we have button on top bar which allows to switch between left and right click mode.

That keyboard button on panel is done as a widget. Its sources are together with matchbox-keyboard, in applet directory. It shouldn't be hard to modify it to work as a right click toggle.
Old 11-17-2012, 11:34 AM   #131
twobob

Quote:
Another idea that I wanted to implement In SHR on Neo Freerunner, which has single-touch screen, we have button on top bar which allows to switch between left and right click mode.

That keyboard button on panel is done as a widget. Its sources are together with matchbox-keyboard, in applet directory. It shouldn't be hard to modify it to work as a right click toggle.
ah nice one. good to see it didn't fall in the "stupid ideas" category at least hehehe. will have a play, and try to get my head around themeing to fix the native menus.

I will have a look at some point for the widget.

Also would VERY much like to get the prboom TSLIB keymap fixed once and for all too... (my headache that one...)

And finally: Don't suppose you're an expert at ordered dithering are you
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=110

and https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho....php?p=2048756

we could do with an ordered dither target in Xephyr... Is that something you could maybe help me with? (as it can be tested without access to a device simply compiled for the PC)

only if you are short of stuff to do between writing a video game, maintaining repos and having a life : D

lol. thanks for the tips
Old 11-17-2012, 12:01 PM   #132
dos1
20% cooler.

Quote:
we could do with an ordered dither target in Xephyr... Is that something you could maybe help me with? (as it can be tested without access to a device simply compiled for the PC)
Xephyr dither target? That's may be a good idea! If I manage to put some time into it, I'll be very happy to help

I think this is kind of feature that done right could be maybe merged upstream. I'd recommend you to setup some git repo (maybe on github), so it'll be easy to share development and to propose pull request after we're done.

Original sources are at http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/xse...w/kdrive/ephyr
Old 11-17-2012, 01:19 PM   #133
twobob

Quote:
Xephyr dither target? That's may be a good idea! If I manage to put some time into it, I'll be very happy to help

I think this is kind of feature that done right could be maybe merged upstream. I'd recommend you to setup some git repo (maybe on github), so it'll be easy to share development and to propose pull request after we're done.

Original sources are at http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/xse...w/kdrive/ephyr
Great : ) will jump over there and have a look.

getting my head around git

http://www.kernel.org/pub/software/s.../everyday.html

Last edited by twobob; 11-18-2012 at 11:24 PM.
Old 11-17-2012, 01:48 PM   #134
twobob

ephyrvideo.c looks to be where the action is?

I'll shove it up at

https://github.com/twobob/dithyr.git

EDIT: I am undecided if I should just host the ephyr files on the git or the complete build.

Any thoughts on that?

Currently reading:
Quote:
pScreenPriv->fb[] is an array of 1 or 2 KdFrameBuffers. fb[0] is primary, while fb[1] is only set up if you have an overlay. fb[0]->depth is the color depth (1, 4, 8, 15, 16, 24) for that framebuffer, while fb[0]->bitsPerPixel is how many bits are taken up for storage (?, 8, 16, 24, 32).
... etc...

EDIT: after a few - more - hours of not much fun...

I will be building from xserver revision 9cbcb5bd6a5360a128d15b77a02d8d3351f74366 errr no..
4bf3eac5fe20fb203b917a486f69514c55be595a for pixman reasons.

EDIT EDIT: well I familiarised myself with http://code.metager.de/source/histor...r/configure.ac to see what had changed recently. the Xethyr stuff looks to be fairly stable. http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/xse...r/ephyrvideo.c
(1 code tidy in two years... that's about as stable as you get before bit rot gets you ) but if it works don't fix it.

I also read down http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/xse...w/kdrive/ephyr (the main logs) to get a handle on direction and to look for implementation clues.

and more specifically http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/xse...t=grep&q=ephyr to see about Xepher info. (plenty going on "in general")

I will -now- be building from latest GIT. cross compilation now provided via buildroot.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...65&postcount=1

First actual build of Xephyr via BR is now emergent. time to do some tweaking, at least the cross path and dependencies are dealt with now.

Changes required were similar to http://git.uclibc.org/buildroot/comm...1afd1362970749 with an extra lib required and a sed tidyup until I get it to pull the prefixes correctly.

: ) but building.

ON KINDLE: I intend to target all supporting files to /mnt/us/x on the kindle and possibly optionally manage the Xephyr launch via a script. (this is already ready to be in place via sed)

I will consider the easiest end-user options.

Last edited by twobob; 11-18-2012 at 11:49 PM. Reason: First actual build of Xephyr via BR is now emergent.
Old 11-18-2012, 11:59 PM   #135
twobob

hmmm... from http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/xse...e9646d51364467
(thanks Matthew Allum)
we get...

me@dev ~/GIT/xserver/hw/xfree86/common $ nano xf86cmap.c

Quote:
case GrayScale:
for (i = 0; i < defs; i++) {
index = indices[i];
entry = (EntryPtr) & pmap->red[index];

if (entry->fShared) {
colors[index].red =
gamma[entry->co.shco.red->color >> shift].red;
colors[index].green =
gamma[entry->co.shco.green->color >> shift].green;
colors[index].blue =
gamma[entry->co.shco.blue->color >> shift].blue;
}
else {
colors[index].red = gamma[entry->co.local.red >> shift].red;
colors[index].green =
gamma[entry->co.local.green >> shift].green;
colors[index].blue = gamma[entry->co.local.blue >> shift].blue;
}
}
break;
but...

[root@kindle /]# what
Kindle 5!

[root@kindle /]# Xephyr :1 -title "L:A_N:application_ID:xephyr_O:R_PC:N" -screen
800x600 -cc 4 -grayscale -dpi 135 -nolisten tcp

Quote:

Backtrace:
Segmentation fault at address (nil)

Fatal server error:
Caught signal 11 (Segmentation fault). Server aborting
doh! would have been nice to have a working example of colormap adjustment.

Reading around we are not alone...
http://readlist.com/lists/lists.free...g/3/17779.html (that was 5 years ago)

I will try this on my local machine and see if it is related to color depth perhaps...? nope... read on:

Last edited by twobob; 11-19-2012 at 12:16 AM.

Tags
debian, kindle, paperwhite