Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 01-29-2014, 10:02 AM   #3226
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool Bigfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
Alan, would you please tell me where each of the Bigfoot stories fit in, chronologically, so that i can add them to "the list". I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you so much!!
B is for Bigfoot
Takes place between Fool Moon and Grave Peril and is from
Under My Hat: Tales From the Cauldron

I Was a Teenage Bigfoot
Takes place around the time of Dead Beat
From Blood Lite 3: Aftertaste

Bigfoot on Campus
Takes place a few months before Changes
From Hex Appeal

alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 10:45 AM   #3227
IcecreamLtDan
Groupie
IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite, Kobo wireless, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by leanansidhe View Post
I'm stuck on what to read next. I can't decide between 2 series. The Alex Verus novels (since I keep seeing it mentioned here ) or the Monster Hunter series by Larry Correia. Both look really good.

I guess it depends on your taste. I've read the MHI series and enjoyed it greatly, it's more action packed and gun oriented, less majical. I've read the first Alex Verus novel and while I liked it, it seemed more young adult than what I cared for. Larry Correia also has him Grimnoir Chronicles books which I found interesting as well.
IcecreamLtDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-29-2014, 02:35 PM   #3228
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
B is for Bigfoot
Takes place between Fool Moon and Grave Peril and is from
Under My Hat: Tales From the Cauldron

I Was a Teenage Bigfoot
Takes place around the time of Dead Beat
From Blood Lite 3: Aftertaste

Bigfoot on Campus
Takes place a few months before Changes
From Hex Appeal

Thank you so much! (((HUGS))) I really appreciate it. Please take a look, when you can, just incase I've missed (or messed up) anything. LINK
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 03:13 PM   #3229
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cool alterations

Quote:
Thank you so much! (((HUGS))) I really appreciate it. Please take a look, when you can, just incase I've missed (or messed up) anything. LINK
Well sure, glad to help. The only flaw I see is that the 3 stories you called 'Other Short stories' fit in the time line as well, see below the edited quote of the list for where they fit:

Quote:
Thanks for the list! I'm adding the shorts stories:

0.5 "A Restoration of Faith" (short story) - Side Jobs [2010 October 26]
1 Storm Front [2000 November 6]
2 Fool Moon [2008 July 1]
2.5 "B is for Bigfoot" - Under My Hat: Tales From the Cauldron [2012 August 28]
3 Grave Peril [2008 November 4]
4 Summer Knight [2009 July 7]
5 Death Masks [2009 November 3]
5.5 "Publicity and Advertising" (but called "Vignette") - Side Jobs [2010 October 26]
6 Blood Rites [2010 July 5]
7 Dead Beat [2005 May 3]
7.25 "I Was a Teenage Bigfoot" - Blood Lite 3: Aftertaste [2012 May 29]
7.5 "Something Borrowed" (short story) - My Big Fat Supernatural Wedding (October 3, 2006) & Side Jobs [2010 October 26]
8 Proven Guilty [2006 May 2]
9 White Night [2007 April 3]
9.5(a) "It's My Birthday, Too" (short story) - Many Bloody Returns (September 4, 2007) & Side Jobs [2010 October 26]
9.5(b) "Heorot" (short story) - My Big Fat Supernatural Honeymoon (December 26, 2007) & Side Jobs [2010 October 26]
10 Small Favor [2008 April 1]
10.5(a) "Harry's Day Off" (short story) - Blood Lite (October 21, 2008) & Called "Day Off" in Side Jobs [2010 October 26]
10.5(b) "Backup" (novelette) - Side Jobs [2010 October 26]
10.5(c) "The Warrior" (short story) - Mean Streets (January 6, 2009) & Side Jobs [2010 October 26]

Insert Curses

Insert AAAA Wizardry

10.5(d)"Last Call" (short story) - Strange Brew (July 7, 2009) & Side Jobs [2010 October 26]
11 Turn Coat [2009 April 7]
11.5 "Love Hurts" - Songs of Love and Death (November 16, 2010) & Side Jobs [2010 October 26]
11.75 "Bigfoot on Campus" - Hex Appeal [2012 June 5]

Insert Even Hand

12 Changes [2010 April 6]
12.5 "Aftermath" - Side Jobs [2010 October 26]
13 Ghost Story [2011 July 26]
13.5 "Bombshells" (short story) - Dangerous Women [2013 December 3]
14 Cold Days [2012 November 27]
15 Skin Game [2014 May 27]

Other Short stories Include:
"AAAA Wizardry" - Volume Two: Our World of The Dresden Files Roleplaying Game (June 15, 2010)
"Even Hand" - Dark and Stormy Knights (July 20, 2010)
"Curses" - Naked City: Tales of Urban Fantasy (July 5, 2011)

Happy reading!
A very extensive timeline compiled by Priscilla Spencer can be found here.

Old 01-29-2014, 04:06 PM   #3230
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Well sure, glad to help. The only flaw I see is that the 3 stories you called 'Other Short stories' fit in the time line as well, see below the edited quote of the list for where they fit:

A very extensive timeline compiled by Priscilla Spencer can be found here.

Thank you again! I've made the changes/corrections, if you want to take a look. I've also made it a little easier to tell the main books, vs the very many short stories.

Wondering if I should add the Spencer link to that post or the original one.

Oh, and you may want to add Skin Game to your post as well - HERE.

Last edited by Nyssa; 01-29-2014 at 04:11 PM. Reason: Fixed Error in the Link
Advert
Old 01-29-2014, 04:08 PM   #3231
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Thank you again! I've made the changes/corrections, if you want to take a look. I've also made it a little easier to tell the main books, vs the very many short stories.

careful -- there is no such thing as an hhttp:// link.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 04:12 PM   #3232
Nyssa
Series Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
Thank you, I've corrected it!
Old 01-29-2014, 04:17 PM   #3233
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Done...

Quote:

Wow, that looks nice. Probably is a good idea to add a link to that timeline. Heh! I don't even remember posting that one. By the way the link you have to it is broken.

Last edited by alansplace; 01-29-2014 at 04:20 PM.
Old 01-29-2014, 04:39 PM   #3234
Nyssa
Series Addict

Quote:
Wow, that looks nice. Probably is a good idea to add a link to that timeline. Heh! I don't even remember posting that one. By the way the link you have to it is broken.

Thanks! I updated the link a little earlier. Now all I have to do is find those 3 stories I thought were "others" so that I can plug them inot the correct places once I decided to reread the series.

I was going to start it next month (Sunday) but I think I've changed my mind. It seems a little daunting when added to all of the other books I'd like to read over the next couple of months.

I've preordered Skin Game and should get it on release day, so I may plan to read everything this summer. I don't know yet. I'm a very moody reader!
Old 01-29-2014, 04:55 PM   #3235
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool a red H...

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
Especially when the first h is RED!

Old 01-29-2014, 05:11 PM   #3236
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Ok... I've finished book 4 of Dresden files. What a great book!! I loved it! Loved the humor too. Started book 5 this morning to listen to while sewing. Really strange though. I'm using the Audible app and increased the speed on book 4 to 1.25. It SEEMS like it is faster, but in fact, took the same amount of time. I'm puzzled about this. Anyway, after book 5, I have the next two on CD, so will have to rip to the Ipod.

Did I remember correctly that Jim Butcher was planning to wind up the series at Book 20?
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 05:30 PM   #3237
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool An Apocalyptic Trilogy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarana View Post
Ok... I've finished book 4 of Dresden files. What a great book!! I loved it! Loved the humor too. Started book 5 this morning to listen to while sewing. Really strange though. I'm using the Audible app and increased the speed on book 4 to 1.25. It SEEMS like it is faster, but in fact, took the same amount of time. I'm puzzled about this. Anyway, after book 5, I have the next two on CD, so will have to rip to the Ipod.

Did I remember correctly that Jim Butcher was planning to wind up the series at Book 20?
I have no idea what might be going on with your audio books.

Not exactly, he continues to state that he has 20'ish (the 'ish' indicates that the 20 is not set in concrete) planned case books to be capped off with an 'Apocalyptic Trilogy'.

Old 01-29-2014, 06:20 PM   #3238
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Especially when the first h is RED!

Whoa, I didn't know the url: schema was color-sensitive!

(And it isn't case sensitive, even!)
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 08:53 AM   #3239
leanansidhe
Faerie Godmother
leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
Skin Game release...

117 Days!!!

I can't wait to do the re-read before the release. I pre-ordered Skin Game from Amazon so hopefully I can time it just right so I start Skin Game on release day. It will also be the first time I read Side Jobs in between the main books. I completely forgot I had it during my last re-read of the series .
leanansidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 08:55 AM   #3240
leanansidhe
Faerie Godmother
leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarana View Post

Summer Knight was actually my least favourite of the series. I'm glad you enjoyed though...the rest of the series just gets better and better with every book.
leanansidhe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy series, magic, supernatural, the dresden files, urban fantasy