Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-12-2012, 09:02 PM   #1
nanab9876
nanab9876 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nanab9876 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nanab9876 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo
Kobo eReader Repairs

Hi!

The screen on my Kobo has cracked and Kobo will not fix them after the warranty expires anymore. Would anyone know where I can send my Kobo to have the screen fixed?

Thanks,
nanab9876 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 07:41 AM   #2
kaikara
Zealot
kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch, Kobo Vox
On low cost integrated devices like this it is probably not worth it to try and get it fixed. If you can't do the labour yourself you have the cost of shipping, labour and the part. You might be better off trying to find a used one.
kaikara is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-13-2012, 08:09 AM   #3
plib
Guru
plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
I agree. It would probably cost more to repair than to buy a new KT, which is likely why Kobo won't repair it.
plib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 12:17 PM   #4
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
I agree, the cost would be too high. You would have to find someone who has Eink panels and knows how to replace them, which I really doubt that there's anyone who does that.
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 12:56 PM   #5
camiller
Addict
camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wireless
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Terminator View Post
I agree, the cost would be too high. You would have to find someone who has Eink panels and knows how to replace them, which I really doubt that there's anyone who does that.
Yeah, I know of a place that sells smart phone parts but I haven't run across anyplace that sells parts for eInk devices. I just don't think there is as big of a market for do-it-yourself ereader repair.
camiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-13-2012, 02:50 PM   #6
danmagay
danmagay began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
I emailed Kobo about the same issue ( visual crack on the touch screen, but nothing functional). They sent me a long email asking for pictures and proof of identification however most importantly they told me it would cost $90+ shipping so I decided to leave it at that : )
danmagay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 09:46 AM   #7
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanab9876 View Post
Hi!

The screen on my Kobo has cracked and Kobo will not fix them after the warranty expires anymore. Would anyone know where I can send my Kobo to have the screen fixed?

Thanks,
You could try trolling Ebay. They seem to have an abundance of parts for touch devices. I found the screen for a kindle for as low as 58$ to as high as 114 dollars so as someone suggested here it might not be worth it to buy a new screen. On the other hand I saw a touch screen for the ipad for 44 dollars. So it may be a hit and miss thing.

Good luck.

Jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote