Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-20-2013, 01:42 PM   #1
sheygetz
Connoisseur
sheygetz is less competitive than you.sheygetz is less competitive than you.sheygetz is less competitive than you.sheygetz is less competitive than you.sheygetz is less competitive than you.sheygetz is less competitive than you.sheygetz is less competitive than you.sheygetz is less competitive than you.sheygetz is less competitive than you.sheygetz is less competitive than you.sheygetz is less competitive than you.

Device: KPW G2 , 10" tablet
How does PW sort "My Content" into books, documents, magazines etc.?

Well, as my Kindle does not speak English, I do not really know wether the actual term is "My Content". But you'll know. You can have your Kindle either show you everything, or just your books or your magazines or your documents etc. Now, I wonder, how does the PW know which ist which?

Because in some instances things go plain wrong: The magazines are ok, this category has stuff which comes in via Calibre recipes. Documents though has along with some webpages that came via the send2kindle service, a few books, too. Something must be wrong with their metadata, or not?

There is also a regular publication (aka magazine) publilshed by a German ministry (APuZ Bundeszentrale für politische Bildung) which turn up as a book. Is there any way to change some field in Calibre to put things right?

Hendrik
sheygetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 12:30 PM   #2
Antoinekamel
Addict
Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ABC W p2
Yes, shey, it is determined by metadata. You can change this specific metadata in a mobi with
Java Mobi Metaeditor:https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=165729. The first page of the topic shows what you should do to make Kindle see a book as a "book" or as a "personal document". I have no clue on magazines, hope someone can help.

(If you don't like the Java tool, Mobi2Mobi does the same thing: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21763. AFAIK, Calibre can't do this.)
Antoinekamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-21-2013, 01:37 PM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I wouldn't bother, personally. Just tell it to show everything. Much simpler that way.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 07:31 PM   #4
sheygetz
Connoisseur
sheygetz is less competitive than you.sheygetz is less competitive than you.sheygetz is less competitive than you.sheygetz is less competitive than you.sheygetz is less competitive than you.sheygetz is less competitive than you.sheygetz is less competitive than you.sheygetz is less competitive than you.sheygetz is less competitive than you.sheygetz is less competitive than you.sheygetz is less competitive than you.

Device: KPW G2 , 10" tablet
Thanks, Antoine.

Harry, if
Quote:
I wouldn't bother, personally.
gee, I guess I wouldn'ta bothered starting this thread
With almost 200 items on the PW I find all that swishing rather irksome.
Personally, of course.

Hendrik
sheygetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 06:14 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheygetz View Post
Harry, if gee, I guess I wouldn'ta bothered starting this thread
With almost 200 items on the PW I find all that swishing rather irksome.
Personally, of course.
If you sort by author or title, you can go directly to any point in the list from the home screen. Very little "swishing" required that way .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert