Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 07-08-2007, 09:42 AM   #1
readmore
readmore began at the beginning.

Device: palm tungsten tx
New Hanlin Devices v9, v9c

I didn't see this posted anywhere else - Hanlin has two new devices on their website, Hanlin eReader V9 and Hanlin eReader v9c. Availability in August / September 2007. 10" screen, 1200 x 825, USB / SD card to 4GB. the C version has internet connectivity.

Hanlin website

Anyone else have more news on these devices?

does someone maintain an active thread of new devices / expected delivery dates?
readmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 09:52 AM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Welcome to MobileRead, readmore!

You can find some more info on these if you'll have a look in the Dedicated HanLin forum.

Incidentally, I'll go ahead and move this thread over there, where it won't get lonely.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-03-2007, 07:33 AM   #3
Sorayna
Sorayna began at the beginning.

Device: sfsfs
ok....
Sorayna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 04:15 PM   #4
dodgyville
dodgyville began at the beginning.

Device: E65
It ended up lonely anyway.

A large screen non-touchscreen reader is exactly what I'm looking for. No frills (except maybe wifi, but even then that's not a deal breaker). The two factors: screen size and price.

That's why I'm very interested in the V9 (c?) - but the release date is now Jan 2008
dodgyville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 07:07 PM   #5
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Judging by Jinke's history, I really doubt we'll see V9 in the first half of 2008.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-05-2007, 05:52 PM   #6
nomatter
nomatter began at the beginning.

Device: none
actually just recently they announced delay...

For the improvement and adjustment of the technology of the 10 inches display by the display supplier, the mass production date of the 10 inches display is delayed. About the releasing date, please continue to pay attention to our website.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgyville View Post
It ended up lonely anyway.

A large screen non-touchscreen reader is exactly what I'm looking for. No frills (except maybe wifi, but even then that's not a deal breaker). The two factors: screen size and price.

That's why I'm very interested in the V9 (c?) - but the release date is now Jan 2008
nomatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 06:19 PM   #7
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
Just as i predicted
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 10:16 PM   #8
readmore
readmore began at the beginning.

Device: palm tungsten tx
sorry Hanlin... can't wait forever. Iliad here I come..
readmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 08:17 AM   #9
Gogolo
Addict
Gogolo has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: DR1000S, Nook ST (rooted), Kobo Aura one (ksm)
You will be lucky with iLiad.

Someone said, that the 200Mhz Chip in the V9 would be to slow for good notetaking. So we will see, if V9s have a functionality which compares to iLiad.

Greetings
Gogolo
Gogolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 07:07 PM   #10
mrdini
Connoisseur
mrdini doesn't littermrdini doesn't litter

Device: Hanlin V2 & V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by readmore View Post
I didn't see this posted anywhere else - Hanlin has two new devices on their website, Hanlin eReader V9 and Hanlin eReader v9c. Availability in August / September 2007. 10" screen, 1200 x 825, USB / SD card to 4GB. the C version has internet connectivity.

Hanlin website

Anyone else have more news on these devices?
According to http://www.mobread.com/bbs/viewthrea...extra=page%3D1 (which I translated via Google, & helpfully double-checked by my partner!), Hanlin is basically waiting till there is enough demand in the market before considering releasing the V9.

After all, there's no point in releasing a very expensive device in China if no-one's going to buy it.
mrdini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 03:20 AM   #11
hakim
Connoisseur
hakim has become one with the cosmoshakim has become one with the cosmoshakim has become one with the cosmoshakim has become one with the cosmoshakim has become one with the cosmoshakim has become one with the cosmoshakim has become one with the cosmoshakim has become one with the cosmoshakim has become one with the cosmoshakim has become one with the cosmoshakim has become one with the cosmos

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 840, Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdini View Post
According to http://www.mobread.com/bbs/viewthrea...extra=page%3D1 (which I translated via Google, & helpfully double-checked by my partner!), Hanlin is basically waiting till there is enough demand in the market before considering releasing the V9.

After all, there's no point in releasing a very expensive device in China if no-one's going to buy it.
As it is stated here (in english by the way), they still didn't get the displays and I've heard from their partners that they also still didn't get the controllers. They will be releasing v9 not earlier than late autumn of 2008.
hakim is offline   Reply With Quote