Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 01-07-2023, 05:25 PM   #1
enuddleyarbl
Guru
enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Change Font of Misspelled Words in "Check Spelling?"

Is there some way to change the font used to display the list of misspelled words in Tools > Check Spelling? I've finally realized that some of the words it's been showing me that look fine actually had issues with 1 (one), i (the letter "eye"), and l (the letter "el"). Part of the issue is poor, old eyes. But, the other part is those characters look a bit alike.
enuddleyarbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2023, 10:12 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
It just uses whatever you have set as your interface font, which you can change in Prefernces->Look & feel in the main calibre program.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2023, 10:29 PM   #3
Karellen
Wizard
Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Talking about Check Spelling, a little hijacking of the thread.

Check Spelling uses shortcut of Alt-F7

But this only seems to work with the Alt key to the left of the spacebar. The Alt key to the right of the spacebar does not activate Check Spelling. Does anyone else have this problem or is it just a problem on my system?
Karellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2023, 12:02 AM   #4
enuddleyarbl
Guru
enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
It just uses whatever you have set as your interface font, which you can change in Prefernces->Look & feel in the main calibre program.
Thanks, Kovid. I never would have thought to check there. I switched it over to Calibri 12pt and those characters are looking (more) different to me now.
enuddleyarbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2023, 12:21 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karellen View Post

But this only seems to work with the Alt key to the left of the spacebar. The Alt key to the right of the spacebar does not activate Check Spelling. Does anyone else have this problem or is it just a problem on my system?
Most likely your keybaord layout uses alt as altgr not alt.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-08-2023, 12:21 AM   #6
Comfy.n
want to learn what I want
Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Calibre E-book viewer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karellen View Post

AltGr behaves as Ctrl-Alt in my system, for most software, I think... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AltGr_key#Ctrl+Alt

I can't recall an example, but I've seen some programs that would interpret AltGr as Alt
Comfy.n is online now   Reply With Quote