Notices

Old 06-12-2012, 05:07 PM   #1
marty1990
Enthusiast
marty1990 began at the beginning.

Device: None
Duplicate Files in Calibre?

Hey just a quick question.

Sometimes when I've got two copies of the same book - in this case The Hound of the Baskervilles, both of which were free, just from different vendors - and I add them to Calibre, it comes up with an error message telling me that there's a book already with the title, and do I wish to add it or not. If I say yes, is there a chance the duplicate could mess up the original ePub file, or any other of my books?

Might be being stupid asking, just don't wanna mess up my library as it's taken me ages to sort out.

Thanks.
marty1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 06:18 PM   #2
AndrewH
Fanatic
AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, & Kobo Mini
No. It simply adds the new book as a separate entry in Calibre, and as far as the actual files are concerned, places the new book in a completely different directory.
AndrewH is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-14-2012, 12:23 PM   #3
BookJunkieLI
Evangelist
BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle 4, Nook Gl4, Nook STR, REB 1100, Ebookwise 1500,
As long as you have not changed the Adding Books defaults under Preferences=>Adding Books then no, it will not affect books already in your library. It will create a duplicate copy of the book.
BookJunkieLI is offline   Reply With Quote