Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 08-14-2009, 07:40 PM   #256
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Slayda is always right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbusybookworm View Post
RobertB

I've got a question for you?

I'm thinkng of buying the Pocket Pro as as a replacement for my Cybook Gen3 (Which is fine, but has been gifted to a very happy Uncle)

The question I have is how do I order it? I'm in the UK, and when I try to order through the www.theezreader.com site, it only allows addresses in US or Canada.

I remember you mentioning in the original thread that While you may not be distributing the EZ reader through retail channels in Europe, you would still be willing to sell to individuals there.
Dear bbusybookworm:

Yes, go to: www.astak.com to buy the EZ Reader Pocket PRO for shipping to the U.K. We use two different websites as the astak.com website is set up for PayPal and that is easier for International transactions.

We WANT U.K. business. Our contract just limits us to selling this way. It is painless.

Do not forget to check the color that you want!! I am again attaching the colors to help you.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pocket PRO Black.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	34255   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pocket PRO Maroon Lagoon.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	34256   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pocket PRO Fuscia Pink.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	34257   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pocket PRO Metallic Purple.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	34258   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pocket PRO Slate Blue.JPG
Views:	222
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	34259   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pocket PRO white).jpg
Views:	238
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	34260   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pocket PRO What Comes in Box.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	34261   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pocket PRO Group Color.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	28.7 KB
ID:	34262  
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 07:46 PM   #257
Robertb
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Black and white earlier FROM China to Astak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
If they are all shipping on the same day, then how is it that the black and white ones arrive earlier?

Dear Patricia:

I meant that the white and black will arrive from the factory in China to Astak earlier than the shipment to Astak of the other colors. Likely only by a few days. Black and white are standard colors and are largely already assembled and ready. The other four colors are "custom" and take more time to make before assembly starts. The custom colored plastic halves now are made and the assembly is being done.

Thank you for your question!
Old 08-14-2009, 07:51 PM   #258
Robertb

Lesson in Geography

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodin View Post
No it's not continental US, it is US period, including Puerto Rico, the Virgin Island and Guam.

USPS flat rate boxes are the best deal in town for shipping to or from Hawaii. A flat rate box big enough to ship a Pocket Pro costs less than ten bucks, and they even supply the box. UPS Ground (it goes by truck to LAX then they put it on an airplane) cost nearly thirty dollars. That’s why I was POed when I went to pre order a Pocket Pro, and the website said USPS went to Canada and Puerto Rico only.

Somebody at Astak needs a lesson in geography. If it was one of the other territories (Guam or US Virgin Islands) it would be even worse! What is it that makes Puerto Rico special?
Give me a chance, please. I am Business Development and I have to go thru the Shipping Manager for his due diligence!! Yes, it certainly sounds like flat rate box will work to Hawaii. Ever tried getting an answer from the Post Office? It takes a while to get it done. I am on it!!
Old 08-14-2009, 08:19 PM   #259
dmikov
Addict
dmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-books

Device: REB1200; REB2150; Sony 500/350; EZReader; IREX DR800SG; Nook/Color
Sorry, I saw the pictures you provided to illustrate clips and cover. The models displayed are stock hanlin with the stock Hanlin covers.
As far as I know they are not real leather.
You were mentioning real leather in the forums and I think on the website, is it still correct?
dmikov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 08:22 PM   #260
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?
griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Slate Blue PEZ (Astak Pocket Pro), CVSCX-9300 Quad-band watch phone
Robertb reminds me of Lucille Ball in the episode where she's working at the chocolate candy factory....
griffonwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 08:46 PM   #261
Robertb

They are stock covers

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmikov View Post
Sorry, I saw the pictures you provided to illustrate clips and cover. The models displayed are stock hanlin with the stock Hanlin covers.
As far as I know they are not real leather.
You were mentioning real leather in the forums and I think on the website, is it still correct?
They are stock cases. The 6 inch came with leather-like cases... very nice. The 5 inch smells like leather and Hanlin calls them leather. My boss says they are leather!
Old 08-14-2009, 09:04 PM   #262
SDRebel
Addict
SDRebel has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: astak pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylrob View Post
To be fair I believe at least as many people do not fully understand the tax laws.
indeed, most people don't understand it, and my head hurts when I think about it
SDRebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 09:21 PM   #263
Musicman
Evangelist
Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: EZ-Reader - Samsung Nook's- Nook S/T w/Glow - Kindle Fire - Nova 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDRebel View Post
indeed, most people don't understand it, and my head hurts when I think about it
Half the politicians haven't paid their proper taxes, and our treasury secretary cannot operate turbo tax.

So I think we should not worry about use tax.

The way I understood how it worked, was if you physically purchased the item in another state and shipped it to your State to avoid paying the sales tax at the point of purchase, you would get hit with a use tax.

Been there, done it and paid the tax.
Musicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 09:26 PM   #264
frozennorth
Evangelist
frozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Onyx Boox RIP, Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Libra
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieBird View Post
Thx, Wallcraft. It was the Mighty Brite that I remembered but the Verilux looks pretty neat.

http://www.amazon.com/Verilux-Natura...3908065&sr=8-1
I think the Mighty Bright is better because it's more flexible which helps to avoid glare from the screen.
frozennorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 09:49 PM   #265
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie
bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: iPad, MotoXStyle, OnePlusOne
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayda View Post
Look at www.astak.com and find the pre-order for the 5" there. There they sell to the rest of the world. Don't ask me why it's not all at the same place or at least with links to the right place.

Or just go straight to http://www.astak.com/ezreader/step1.asp
Thanks for the Link

I did go to the to the Astek Site, but Didn't scroll down to the bottom to see the International Order link

Must have been the lack of sleep ( as I had not slept for 36 hours)

Black Pocket Pro Ordered, and Can't wait to get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
Dear bbusybookworm:

Yes, go to: www.astak.com to buy the EZ Reader Pocket PRO for shipping to the U.K. We use two different websites as the astak.com website is set up for PayPal and that is easier for International transactions.

We WANT U.K. business. Our contract just limits us to selling this way. It is painless.

Do not forget to check the color that you want!! I am again attaching the colors to help you.
Thanks. I've been intrepid in testing one of your readers for a while but could not justify one while I still had the Gen3. Gifting it away ment that I can convince myself to get a new one and the pocket pro look like it fits the bill perfectly

Just have to say that the order options are a bit confusing as if you try to order through the normal process on both sites it restricts you to US and Canada only.

Could I suggest you putting a Link to the International Order page on the regular one so that if people like me end up there, they wouldn't get confused.

Something like
" If your Order is for a destination outside the USA and Canada, Please use this order form"
bbusybookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 10:35 PM   #266
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by wodin View Post
What is it that makes Puerto Rico special?
Puertoricans, of course!
We're a higher form of life, hadn't you heard?
(Plus, we asked politely.)

Seriously: UPS doesn't deliver to all addresses on the island but USPS does.

Last edited by fjtorres; 08-14-2009 at 11:00 PM.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 11:25 PM   #267
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
Puertoricans, of course!
We're a higher form of life, hadn't you heard?
(Plus, we asked politely.)

Seriously: UPS doesn't deliver to all addresses on the island but USPS does.
What about FEDEX?
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 11:30 PM   #268
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman View Post
Half the politicians haven't paid their proper taxes, and our treasury secretary cannot operate turbo tax.

The way I understood how it worked, was if you physically purchased the item in another state and shipped it to your State to avoid paying the sales tax at the point of purchase, you would get hit with a use tax.

That happens in Hawaii with motor vehicles. But they have a method of enforcement. You can't register the car without a paid tax receipt.

I just went through that last year. I bought a handicapped ramp minivan from Minn, and had to pay the sales tax before I could register it.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 12:44 PM   #269
SDRebel
Addict
SDRebel has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: astak pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman View Post

Let's all assume that was the way it was meant to be and don't worry about the rest
SDRebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 02:11 PM   #270
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris777 View Post
What about FEDEX?
Not sure. I think their coverage is less, but...
Don't they have a deal with USPS to combine delivery resources?
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote