Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-26-2008, 08:30 PM   #1
dgillette.rm
Connoisseur
dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: sony
calibre and tor

Has anyone else had trouble with the latest tor short stories and calibre? I have downloaded the last Cory Doctorow offering 3 times and have yet to get one that calibre will open. I have downloaded the Steven Gould twice with the same result. For reference, this is on a macbook running 10.5.x and calibre 0.4.83. I have not tried to read either of these on my Sony yet, so I do not assume this is really a calibre problem, just using this forum as most likely to find others that have tried this.

Thanks
dgillette.rm
dgillette.rm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 02:57 AM   #2
acidzebra
Liseuse Lover
acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
I have it too - I can open these files fine with Sony's software but not with Calibre, which is a very unfamiliar result (I'm used to Calibre opening/converting nearly everything with decent results)

Funny thing, though, I only noticed the download links because you mentioned them - I collected the short stories they have so far and rolled my own from HTML.
acidzebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 10:17 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Can somebody send me one these files?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 11:18 AM   #4
acidzebra
Liseuse Lover
acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Direct link to file:
http://media.us.macmillan.com/video/...andstrange.lrf

Main page (download link on the left)
http://www.tor.com/index.php?option=...=story&id=2993
Old 08-27-2008, 06:27 PM   #5
dgillette.rm
Connoisseur
dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: sony
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
I see that someone has posted the links. If you do not have trouble with files from the links, repost and tell me how to send you my files.
dgillette.rm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 09:04 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

will be fixed in the next release
Old 08-28-2008, 02:31 AM   #7
acidzebra
Liseuse Lover

Out of curiosity, what is the issue with these files?
Old 08-28-2008, 05:25 AM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

it has graphics elemnts whose size is set to larger than the page size (its actual size is not). Because of the way the LRF rendering is setup in calibre, it was causing an infinite loop.