Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-10-2010, 04:07 PM   #1
kljewelrydesign
kljewelrydesign began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Epub is renamed when loaded on KOBO

Does anyone have this problem? I purchased my KOBO to use with my jewelry making tutorials. First I had a problem with Calibre but now I have AnyBizSoft pdf converter and it works great. My problem happens with I load the epub onto KOBO. It doesn't matter what I name the file as the pdf or epub when I get it onto KOBO the name is changed. Sometimes it's a huge long file name with the actual name of the technique in the middle or a bunch show up at "by" that's it. Makes it really hard to quickly find the tutorial I am looking for. Help if you can. Thanks.
kljewelrydesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 04:36 PM   #2
HamsterRage
Evangelist
HamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notes

Device: Kobo
I think the name is stored in metadata in the ePub, not in the file name. You should use something like Sigil to tweak that.
HamsterRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-10-2010, 04:45 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
It sounds like the metadata is incorrect. You may need to go into the ePub and fix that.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 08:25 AM   #4
masona8
Enthusiast
masona8 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo, Kindle DX graphite, Kindle 3
Needs a change of title

Yes they are right. You have to change the "title" not the name of the file.
In a word document it is in properties, In Calibre and the others it is in the metadata section. The metadata section also allows you to add covers and comments
masona8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
epub, kobo, rename