Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 09-10-2010, 01:09 PM   #1
kljewelrydesign
kljewelrydesign began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Epub is renamed when loaded on KOBO

Does anyone have this problem? I purchased my KOBO to use with my jewelry making tutorials. First I had a problem with Calibre but now I have AnyBizSoft pdf converter and it works great. My problem happens with I load the epub onto KOBO. It doesn't matter what I name the file as the pdf or epub when I get it onto KOBO the name is changed. Sometimes it's a huge long file name with the actual name of the technique in the middle or a bunch show up at "by" that's it. Makes it really hard to quickly find the tutorial I am looking for. Help if you can. Thanks.
kljewelrydesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 03:25 PM   #2
kiwipippa
Fanatic
kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo glo, kobo touch (dead), kindle touch, android phone
I suggest you post this in the mobile read kobo forum. They're full of good advice over there, here's the link
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/for...ysprune=&f=223
kiwipippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-10-2010, 07:08 PM   #3
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
I would second kiwipippa's advice.

In short, the reading software displays the title direct from metadata. You can use Calibre or Sigil to edit the metadata title to something more appropriate.
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 02:00 AM   #4
dapriuk
Enthusiast
dapriuk doesn't litterdapriuk doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505, Lenovo X61 tablet PC, Advent Vega Android tablet
If you are running Windows look at the file properties in the Windows Explorer right-button menu. There should be a PDF tab in the properties window and it will list some of the meta-data including title, author, subject and keywords.

Windows will display the file name and even if you change it this will not change the internal PDF title that Calibre and other tools use. As sabredog suggests try altering the title and author within the Calibre conversion window as you convert the document, I believe you will have to use individual rather than batch conversion to do this.

Note that PDF security controls include the ability to restrict changing meta-data so depending on how the document was created this might cause a problem. You can check secuirty settings on a PDF document by opening it is Adobe Reader, selecting "Properties" from the file menu and then the "Security" tab to list the settings.
dapriuk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
epub, files, kobo, renamed