Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 05-26-2010, 01:24 PM   #1
simplyparticular
Guru
simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3 & GlowLight 4
Getting Feedbooks on Nook

A co-worker bought a Nook a couple of weeks ago. She had no idea that there were all the free public domain books and I'm trying to help her figure out how to get them on her Nook. Is there a tutorial somewhere that documents how to do that, step-by-step? Does the new 1.3 firmware allow direct downloading from Feedbooks?
simplyparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 03:18 PM   #2
jimmyrules712
jimmyrules712 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
No direct downloading as far as I know. As long as the books are in epub format with no DRM all you gotta do is download the epub files to your pc. Connect the Nook to the PC with the USB cable, a window will pop up. Browse to the My Documents folder and copy the epubs to there.

This video shows the process too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHNEGlayEIQ

Also, some of the old free ebooks are available from the barnes & noble site for free. If you "purchase" one of those free ebooks then it will auto download to your nook library.

Also, I haven't used feedbooks to get them, but I know you can download the epub files from google books here:
http://books.google.com/books?hl=en&...okshelf_slider

Last edited by jimmyrules712; 05-26-2010 at 03:26 PM.
jimmyrules712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert