Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 03-24-2010, 01:37 PM   #1
cancelx
Nervous Groupie
cancelx began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket Pro
Micro SC with adaptor ?

any reason there would be an issue using one of these?

considering a 4gb Kingston Micro SD class 4 with SD size adaptor

why? great deal on it.

but with all the concerns bout power drain issues maybe based on cards etc...

thought i'd ask first,

thanks

(ps- anyone think microSD would burn out fast that regular)
cancelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 01:57 PM   #2
Phogg
PHD in Horribleness
Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just a whole bunch. I guess I am a collector now.
these are what I use.
Phogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-24-2010, 02:09 PM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
As a general principle, I'd avoid using an adapter for "permanent" use. They are fine for occasional file copying, but a significant source of unreliability over the long term.

I'd suggest getting a "real" SDHC card; they are dirt cheap these days. Amazon's a good place to look.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 02:33 PM   #4
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by cancelx View Post

why? great deal on it.

thought i'd ask first,

thanks

These adapters are only mechanical. They will not change the power consumption. That said they have an additional set of contacts and the contacts are smaller so there is double concern about the reliability of the contacts themselves. Generally the standard sized SDHC cards are a bit cheaper than the smaller micro cards or the mini cards but that may change as more and more devices need the smaller cards. The reliability of the electronics in the cards should be the same as the chips inside are the same.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 02:42 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by cancelx View Post

why? great deal on it.

thought i'd ask first,

thanks

The insides are exactly the same according to the SD card association. http://www.sdcard.org/consumers/cards/

So do you wish to risk a jam for no other reason than it is small?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-24-2010, 03:21 PM   #6
cancelx
Nervous Groupie
cancelx began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket Pro
risk a jam?

basically, i was offered a trade a new sealed kingston 4gb micro class 4 for a game i had, so it sounded like a good option (grin)

if i wouldnt notice any slag because of the double contacts (that is card to adaptor, and adator to unit), or power issues because of the type of card.

pennies are tight these days... and now i see batteries are available, so i have to have one...just because , haha

thanks mates
cancelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 09:20 PM   #7
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
I have used an adapter for ages in a camera without problems.
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote