Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-01-2010, 11:00 AM   #1
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Three Free Christian Fiction on Kindle (1/1/)

Summer of the Midnight Sun, by Tracie Peterson, is the first book in the Alaskan Quest series and is one of two free books this morning from Christian Fiction publisher Bethany House.

Book Description
Leah Barringer’s world is turned upside down when her brother brings home Jayce Kincaid, the man who spurned her ten years ago. Part of an expedition to the Arctic, Jayce shocks Leah by inviting her brother along. Helaina Beecham arrives in Alaska to hunt down the man the Pinkertons have sent her to apprehend. But when Jayce Kincaid appears to have been in two places at the same time, Helaina wonders if there might be a larger problem with the case. Despite confusing, conflicting evidence, can Helaina discover the truth? Can Leah’s injured heart ever love again?

The Shunning, by Beverly Lewis, is the first book in the The Heritage of Lancaster County series and is second of two free books this morning from Christian Fiction publisher Bethany House.

Book Description
All Her Life She Has Longed For The Forbidden Things, But Will Her Dreams Come At A Price Too Dear To Pay?

In the quiet Amish community of Hickory Hollow, Pennsylvania, time has stood still while cherished traditions and heartfelt beliefs have flourished. But a secret lies buried that could shatter the tranquility its inhabitants have grown to love.

When Katie Lapp stumbles upon a satin infant gown in the dusty leather trunk of her parents’ attic, she knows it holds a story she must discover. Why else would her Amish mother, a plain and simple woman who embraces the Old Order laws, hide the beautiful baby dress in the attic?

On the eve of Katie’s wedding to widower Bishop John, startling news staggers out of her anguished parents, and nothing prepares Katie for the devastation their confession brings. Feeling betrayed, Katie watches as the only life she has ever known begins to unravel, leaving in its wake a furrow of pain…and a future of hope.

In My Place Condemned He Stood: Celebrating the Glory of Atonement, by J.I. Packer & Mark Dever, is an anthology and not actually classified as fiction.

Book Description
An important anthology that reaffirms the classic doctrine of substitutionary atonement and counters the ongoing attacks against it. If ever there was a time and a need for an enthusiastic reaffirmation of the biblical doctrine of substitutionary atonement, it is now. With this foundational tenet under widespread attack, J. I. Packer and Mark Dever's anthology plays an important role, issuing a clarion call to readers to stand firm in the truth.

In My Place Condemned He Stood combines three classic articles by Packer ("The Heart of the Gospel"; his Tyndale Biblical Theology Lecture, "What Did the Cross Achieve"; and his introductory essay to John Owen's The Death of Death in the Death of Christ)with Dever's recent article, "Nothing but the Blood." It also features a foreword by the four principals of Together for the Gospel: Dever, Ligon Duncan, C. J. Mahaney, and Al Mohler. Thoughtful readers looking for a compact classic on this increasingly controversial doctrine need look no farther than this penetrating volume.

About the Authors

J. I. Packer is a professor of theology at Regent College in Vancouver, British Columbia. Dr. Packer has written many books, including Knowing God, and also served as general editor for the English Standard Version Bible.

Mark Dever, author of several books and articles, serves as the senior pastor of Capitol Hill Baptist Church in Washington, DC. Along with his pastoral responsibilities, Dr. Dever is also the executive director of 9Marks.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 02:21 PM   #2
Gummby
Enthusiast
Gummby began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600, GEB1150, Treo 680
Ooh, I love it when there's something for my wife and something for me. Thanks so much!
Gummby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert