Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 11-18-2009, 05:45 AM   #1
ensyed
Enthusiast
ensyed began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Question How to move books from Stanza on pc to Stanza on iphone?

I wish to read stanza to read some non-drm books on my iphone.
1) Which format should the books be converted to using Stanza. (its in pdf format now but its a novel)
2) How do I transfer it to stanza on the iphone (not jailbroken)

Thx
ensyed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 05:52 AM   #2
poshm
Fanatic
poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, Sony Reader Touch, Ipod touch & Kindle 2
Hi there

I use stanza in conjunction with bookworm.oreilly.com where you can upload ebooks (not entirely sure what formats but I have used epub) from feedbooks or our computer.

If you then log in to the mobile bookworm site by putting www.m. before it, there is an option to Read in Stanza

It works very well.

Hope this helps.
poshm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-18-2009, 06:01 AM   #3
ensyed
Enthusiast
ensyed began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Thank you for the speedy reply.
I also found the following way from the Stanza website. It worked immediately.
I had previously tried Calibre to convert PDF to epub and the result was a mess. Stanza did the conversion much better.

http://www.lexcycle.com/faq/how_to_g..._stanza_iphone
ensyed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 06:14 AM   #4
poshm
Fanatic
poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, Sony Reader Touch, Ipod touch & Kindle 2
Yes I haven't had great results converting pdf to epub so I'll try stanza for that too. Thanks
poshm is offline   Reply With Quote