Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-22-2009, 09:58 PM   #1
nwinter
Zealot
nwinter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nwinter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nwinter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nwinter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nwinter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: sony PS-505, Iphone and about to add a Kindle DX
Smile 505 covers and case's - post your link/photo/idea here.

There are so many threads with ideas for covers and cases on this forum but they are everywhere and really hard to locate. So as I would prefer to use my spare few minutes reading my reader rather than through numerous old thread, can you post your case/cover links and Ideas here so we can all go to the one spot as there are bound to be lots of them out there that most of us dont know about.

Natalie
nwinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 01:09 AM   #2
nwinter
Zealot
nwinter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nwinter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nwinter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nwinter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nwinter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

I was looking at the covers from M-edge and saw that they were being discounted so I sent an email to them to see if they are releasing new ones like the Amazon cases they made and this is the reply I got. How exciting!

"Natalie,
Yes, we are very close to having our redesigned line of Sony 505 jackets available for ordering. I would expect in the next 2 weeks. Please check back if you don't see any available for ordering by May 8th.

Take care,
Team M-Edge"

they should be here www.buymedge.com.

Natalie
Advert
Old 04-28-2009, 12:41 PM   #3
kelly1010
Book Addict!
kelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPod Touch, Kindle 3G + Wi-Fi
I would like to find a zippered case that you could put the 505--AND it's cover in. (Hopefully that makes sense). I even thought of a cosmetic bag or something along those lines, just to protect it from sharp objects (and SCRATCHES!) when I put it in my purse. I have the lightwedge, so I know that limits me in what covers I can have. I wish more of them were compatible with the lightwedge itself.
kelly1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 01:11 PM   #4
JanetCinNC
Groupie
JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 650 in red, Sony PRS-600 in red, Sony PRS-505 in red, iPad 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly1010 View Post
I would like to find a zippered case that you could put the 505--AND it's cover in. (Hopefully that makes sense). I even thought of a cosmetic bag or something along those lines, just to protect it from sharp objects (and SCRATCHES!) when I put it in my purse. I have the lightwedge, so I know that limits me in what covers I can have. I wish more of them were compatible with the lightwedge itself.
I have a lightwedge cover, too, and I keep my reader in it all the time. I wanted to be able to carry it in my purse without being worried that something like a pen would gouge my reader or the lightwedge. I found a neoprene cover for a small netbook that works for this purpose. It's a little larger than the reader in the lighted cover, but it fits in my purse fine. It protects from scratches and adds a little extra cushioning, but it wouldn't protect it if I sat on the purse with the reader inside - or something similar. I found it at amazon.com. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001GQ2W7G
JanetCinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 01:18 PM   #5
sakura-panda
Guru
sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2017 10.5" iPad Pro (Kobo, NOOK, Kindle, Google Play Books & Scribd)
Quote:
I just bought a quilted netbook purse from Target -- it was on clearance for about $5. It has a zipper along the top and long strap for carrying. It's a little bit bigger than my reader with the lighted cover, but it isn't so loose that I'm uncomfortable carrying it that way.

I figure that something designed for a computer has good enough protection for my reader.
sakura-panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-28-2009, 10:13 PM   #6
Cassy
Zealot
Cassy began at the beginning.

Device: Silver Sony PRS 505
Quote:
This is exactly what I ordered! Its a small zippered bag for the 505 and its cover- I ordered it from Borsabella (Borsabella.com) and it is GORGEOUS!! It has a little clip with a wrist strap and is nice and padded, it was made for the 505 (but they make bags for everything - I'm ordering one for my laptop now so they will be happy to make it a big bigger to fit the lightwedge) I haven't tested it out yet but will as soon as I get home and post pictures
Cassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 08:49 AM   #7
disney_mommy
Ebook fanatic
disney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windows

Device: Kindle Fire HD 8.9, Kindle Keyboard
Love love love Melissa at BorsaBella. I sent her the dimensions of my Sony 505 with the case and she sent me the perfect case. I've since ordered more, but only have pictures of my original.

It's perfect, I just throw it in my purse and don't worry at all about scratches. It barely adds any weight. Here is the thread where I talked about BorsaBella a while back. She made her first Sony case for me!
disney_mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 09:17 AM   #8
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Here's one of the two that I have. I got them from Anne's Addictions on Etsy. I love love love it!

Her store:
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=6257799
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 10:12 AM   #9
AlbertaCowboy
Guru
AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, PRS-650, iPhone 6, NVIDIA Shield K1
Although it's been posted before in other threads, I agreed with this new one as I really enjoy looking at everyone's cases and one spot makes the most sense. This is my custom leather Middle Earth cover that I had made up by R-N Custom Leather Works out of Calgary, Alberta, Canada. (http://www.customleatherwork.com/). I absolutely adore it, and have recieved many many compliments about it. (For those of you who have seen it, sorry, I don't mean to SPAM...)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Reader1.JPG
Views:	439
Size:	708.3 KB
ID:	28569   Click image for larger version

Name:	Reader4.JPG
Views:	433
Size:	489.9 KB
ID:	28570   Click image for larger version

Name:	Reader3.JPG
Views:	454
Size:	978.0 KB
ID:	28571  
AlbertaCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 11:28 PM   #10
nwinter
Zealot

I love my Book Armor which fits the 505 in with the original cover, the pink leather cover from Sony and also the cover from Anne's Addictions on Etsy. Here is the link and it has stopped many a cracked screen from multiple bangs when the kids are around not to mention the junk one finds in ones handbags.

www.ecaddycase.com

Glad to see some ideas and photos up so we can all see what's on offer without spending hours searching threads. Keep them coming!

Natalie
Old 05-08-2009, 09:48 AM   #11
AbFabGab
Gadget-Luster
AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwinter View Post
I was looking at the covers from M-edge and saw that they were being discounted so I sent an email to them to see if they are releasing new ones like the Amazon cases they made and this is the reply I got. How exciting!

"Natalie,
Yes, we are very close to having our redesigned line of Sony 505 jackets available for ordering. I would expect in the next 2 weeks. Please check back if you don't see any available for ordering by May 8th.

Take care,
Team M-Edge"

they should be here www.buymedge.com.

Natalie
UPDATE!

New M-Edge jackets for Sony are up on Amazon.

Search for "m-edge sony reader jacket" and you should get a list of all that are available.
AbFabGab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 10:53 PM   #12
willanaya
Enthusiast
willanaya began at the beginning.

Device: Sony prs-350
i purchased a daily planner from the evil Walmart. and unfortunately for me, it works fine and cheap.

when i took out the daily planner part, I slid the back part of the sony cover into the center divider (just like the planner was inserted). When I am travelling, there is a spandex strap that I can place over the reader to kinda secure it. (it's not like I am running a marathon people, and it is a piece of electonic so I am not going to be playing frisbee with it)

the front section has a place for a business card or id card and a small 5" x 6" section to place documents (albeit small documents) there. next to the divider and not rubbing against the reader is a little spandex loop for a pen (Cross pen size)

then i flip the center divider (which the sony reader is attached to) and there is another slot for a business card and holder for a small piece of paper. then on the back side of the case is a place for a small tablet of paper (which comes with the daily planner).

The only cons are that the case is not zippered but sort of strapped in like the cases Amazon is offering for the 505's, but again, I use the spandex strap to hold it in. and that you are now carrying something comparable to three 505's stacked on top of each other (8.5" x 5.5" and 1.5" thick).

but it works.

and now i realize that i can't use the new amazon covers with this because the reader is secured with loops on the back side of the cover and i need that back side to be free so i can insert it in the plastic divider.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Closed Case.jpg
Views:	331
Size:	25.3 KB
ID:	29049   Click image for larger version

Name:	Front Sec with Reader.jpg
Views:	387
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	29050   Click image for larger version

Name:	Front Sec no Reader.jpg
Views:	362
Size:	36.3 KB
ID:	29051   Click image for larger version

Name:	Back Section.jpg
Views:	365
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	29052   Click image for larger version

Name:	Side View 1.jpg
Views:	354
Size:	28.3 KB
ID:	29053  

Last edited by willanaya; 05-14-2009 at 10:57 PM.
willanaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 06:07 PM   #13
Vanquiz
Vanquiz began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
First I bought At-A-Glance from Staples, the zippered $10 ones, but I didnt really like it, feel so cheap, so I exchange it with the leather made ones, costs me $40, but I think it's totally worth it. Looks and feels great for my 505.

I can fit the original 505 cover inside, the other reason Im getting it instead of M-Edge, plus there's extra room for business card, memory card, etc.

On the front part, there's a storage, that doubles as an extra padded safety for the screen as well.

Hope the picture can do its justice. They have in Red, Black, and Brown if Im not mistaken.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMAGE_040.jpg
Views:	397
Size:	370.4 KB
ID:	29248   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAGE_041.jpg
Views:	353
Size:	422.4 KB
ID:	29249   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAGE_042.jpg
Views:	410
Size:	338.1 KB
ID:	29250   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAGE_043.jpg
Views:	347
Size:	308.4 KB
ID:	29251   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAGE_044.jpg
Views:	364
Size:	320.5 KB
ID:	29252  
Vanquiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 06:38 PM   #14
toomanybooks
Addict
toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad, Ipod Touch, KIndle Fire
I have two handsewn cases for my 505. I can't post pictures because I am technology illiterate. When my clothing wears out or gets torn I turn it into a 505 case if it has a nice pattern or texture. That way I don't even have to buy fabric for the cases. It takes me about 10 minutes to sew a case now.
toomanybooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 03:34 AM   #15
Kirari
Obsessed
Kirari has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Kirari has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Kirari has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Red Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaCowboy View Post
Although it's been posted before in other threads, I agreed with this new one as I really enjoy looking at everyone's cases and one spot makes the most sense. This is my custom leather Middle Earth cover that I had made up by R-N Custom Leather Works out of Calgary, Alberta, Canada. (http://www.customleatherwork.com/). I absolutely adore it, and have recieved many many compliments about it. (For those of you who have seen it, sorry, I don't mean to SPAM...)
That's awesome, how much did it cost you?
Kirari is offline   Reply With Quote