Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-22-2014, 03:41 PM   #1
holymadness
Guru
holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone
Certain keyboard shortcuts no longer working in Calibre 2.0 (OS X)

Sorry for creating yet another thread. If there's a single thread for all bug reports, please let me know.
  • In 1.x, pressing the return/enter key while a cell was highlighted would allow you to edit it. This is no longer the case in 2.0.
  • In 2.0, I can no longer see books by the same author by pressing ⌥A.
holymadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 04:32 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Yeah Qt 5 on OS X has trouble with keyboard shortcuts of the form Alt+letter because OS X uses that to enter special characters. Your best bet is to go into Preferences->Keyboard and change them to some shortcuts that include Cmd.

It's on my TODO list to investigate this in more depth and perhaps change the default shortcuts on OS X if I can find no workaround, but it's low priority item
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-22-2014, 05:33 PM   #3
ymmv
Enthusiast
ymmv can name that song in three notesymmv can name that song in three notesymmv can name that song in three notesymmv can name that song in three notesymmv can name that song in three notesymmv can name that song in three notesymmv can name that song in three notesymmv can name that song in three notesymmv can name that song in three notesymmv can name that song in three notesymmv can name that song in three notes

Device: Sony PRS-T1
This is something similar: when I press CTRL+HOME or CTRL-END, the cursor goes to the top or bottom of the library but the first or last book is not selected. When you press V, the book where the cursor was originally on will be viewed.
ymmv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 07:00 PM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by ymmv View Post
This is something similar: when I press CTRL+HOME or CTRL-END, the cursor goes to the top or bottom of the library but the first or last book is not selected. When you press V, the book where the cursor was originally on will be viewed.
@ymmv - after ctrl+home/end try pressing right arrow key

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 03:36 AM   #5
ymmv
Enthusiast
ymmv can name that song in three notesymmv can name that song in three notesymmv can name that song in three notesymmv can name that song in three notesymmv can name that song in three notesymmv can name that song in three notesymmv can name that song in three notesymmv can name that song in three notesymmv can name that song in three notesymmv can name that song in three notesymmv can name that song in three notes

But then you switch to another column.

It didn't work that way in the previous version. I can use this as a temporary workaround, but I hope this can be fixed.
Advert
Old 08-23-2014, 04:42 AM   #6
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@ymmv - pretty sure calibre's been that way for me on Windows 7 since I started to use it almost 3 years ago. I have a vague memory I might have reported it as a bug, but it was set aside as a deficiency in the Qt library.

BR
Old 08-23-2014, 04:51 AM   #7
ymmv
Enthusiast

I just went back to 1.48 and you're right, the keys work the same. I suppose I noticed the bug only because I was actually looking for UI changes in 2.0.
Old 08-23-2014, 05:22 AM   #8
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ymmv View Post
I just went back to 1.48 and you're right, the keys work the same. I suppose I noticed the bug only because I was actually looking for UI changes in 2.0.
@ymmv - in V2.0 try Ctrl/Home, Home - that lands me on row 1, col 1, with the Row highlighted - I don't think that worked in the previous release.

BR
Old 08-23-2014, 08:32 AM   #9
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Regarding the return key not working: https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-40938

EDIT: And I have implemented a workaround for the main book list in calibre: https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...b9b30f9c233a71

Last edited by kovidgoyal; 08-23-2014 at 09:29 AM.
Old 08-23-2014, 12:37 PM   #10
PO40600
Enthusiast
PO40600 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PO40600 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PO40600 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PO40600 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PO40600 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PO40600 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PO40600 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PO40600 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PO40600 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PO40600 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PO40600 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note II & Note Pro 12.2, PocketBook Touch Lux, PB Touch,Odysse
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Yeah Qt 5 on OS X has trouble with keyboard shortcuts of the form Alt+letter because OS X uses that to enter special characters. Your best bet is to go into Preferences->Keyboard and change them to some shortcuts that include Cmd.

It's on my TODO list to investigate this in more depth and perhaps change the default shortcuts on OS X if I can find no workaround, but it's low priority item
I'm using a Macintosh and I confirm the problem. Impossible to assign any shortcut for selecting books of same author, same collection, same tag. Even using command, alt, Ctrl, a combination of them with a letter.

MOreover, before 2.0, the letter A was assigned to add some books, and now, it selects the first book beginning with the letter A.

And I have another trouble : the name of the selected column is no more highlighted.
PO40600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 12:56 PM   #11
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Single letter shortcuts such as A and E work perfectly on my OS X machine. As does highlighting of the current column, with both a different background color for the current cell and bold-italic font for the current row and column headers.
Old 08-23-2014, 01:08 PM   #12
PO40600
Enthusiast
PO40600 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PO40600 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PO40600 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PO40600 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PO40600 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PO40600 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PO40600 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PO40600 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PO40600 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PO40600 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PO40600 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Here's a copy of my screen (attached file),

as you can see, none of the columns are highlighted
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture d’écran 2014-08-23 à 19.03.20.png
Views:	215
Size:	754.9 KB
ID:	127210  
Old 08-23-2014, 01:29 PM   #13
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Preferences->Look & Feel and change User interface style to calibre style
Old 08-23-2014, 01:40 PM   #14
PO40600
Enthusiast

Thanks Kovid. It's now OK for the highlighting of columns. But before 2.0, I was using the same theme, and highlighting was OK.

I've another question : before, it was possible to edit a field by hitting Enter key, and entering the modified value, then validating with Enter.

Now, it's impossible : I must double click on it. Is it normal, or is it my fault with modifying something ?
Old 08-24-2014, 04:20 AM   #15
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...577b0a814c4f4a