Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-18-2008, 03:00 PM   #1
nremondelli
Zealot
nremondelli is on a distinguished road

Device: none
Question Screen Refresh Question

Okay, my first Kindle has a screen issue and had to be returned. Received my new replacement last week. It seems to refresh slower than the last one. The other thing, and I'm not sure if this is normal or not, it flashes black a few times and then on the next page turn the letters seem to disintegrate and refresh without flashing black. Just about the same speed, but no flash. Is that normal? Tried resetting and the same thing.
nremondelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 02:44 AM   #2
MonaLS
Groupie
MonaLS began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle (Gen 1), Kindle DX, Kindle Fire, LG Enact
That doesn't seem right. Is it particularly cold where you read? I have never experienced that with mine. I think it may be time for another Amazon call, sorry to say.
MonaLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-24-2008, 02:55 AM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
There was some sort of controversy back when that the Kinde might not have been using Vizplex when it first came out. If that is true, then it's possible you have one without the Vizplex screen. If you are in the USA, take your Kindle to a SonyStyle store, Target, or Borders and have a compare of the screen to the Sony Reader PRS-505.

But as MonaLS suggested, maybe you are using the Kindle in the cold. When Vizplex gets cold, it will get sluggish.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 09:55 AM   #4
Lilly
Guru
Lilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-900 & PRS-950, Amazon Kindle2
Quote:
Originally Posted by nremondelli View Post
Okay, my first Kindle has a screen issue and had to be returned. Received my new replacement last week. It seems to refresh slower than the last one. The other thing, and I'm not sure if this is normal or not, it flashes black a few times and then on the next page turn the letters seem to disintegrate and refresh without flashing black. Just about the same speed, but no flash. Is that normal? Tried resetting and the same thing.

What did Amazon say? Mine does the exact same thing. I bought it on Oct 24th of this year and received it Oct 30th. So i had it for almost 2 months.
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote