Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-27-2010, 01:57 PM   #1
SunLight
Connoisseur
SunLight began at the beginning.

Device: none
HTML + Images = MOBI without Images

I am using MobiPocket Creator and I have an HTML file that when I view in my browser displays images and text as it should, but when I import the HTML into MobiPocket to create a MOBI file, it outputs a MOBI file with text but no images. I have tried different combinations, images within the HTML file, images within an "images" folder" where the HTML file is outside this image folder, no change -> Mobi with text no images?

I tried Calibre and although it outputs it with the images, I am not satisfied out they output the text vs MobiPocket.

The images are in JPG format.

Last edited by SunLight; 09-27-2010 at 02:00 PM.
SunLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 02:02 PM   #2
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
Did you add the individual image files to the build? After you import the main HTML file, there is an "Add File" link in the left pane.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-27-2010, 02:11 PM   #3
SunLight
Connoisseur
SunLight began at the beginning.

Device: none
Mods please delete

Looked under Errors, and was able to figure it out
SunLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 01:01 AM   #4
zoran
himself
zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunLight View Post
I tried Calibre and although it outputs it with the images, I am not satisfied out they output the text vs MobiPocket.
The images are in JPG format.
Hm! Html has it's purpose. Calibre was fine for some files, but I used
it for text only. Best bet is that you have a problem when the text
reflows side by side with the picture. If you could change tags to
have it separately, i.e. picture after <p> and vice versa, you will have
something usable.
zoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 02:10 PM   #5
bilgisiz
bilgisiz can illuminate an eclipsebilgisiz can illuminate an eclipsebilgisiz can illuminate an eclipsebilgisiz can illuminate an eclipsebilgisiz can illuminate an eclipsebilgisiz can illuminate an eclipsebilgisiz can illuminate an eclipsebilgisiz can illuminate an eclipsebilgisiz can illuminate an eclipsebilgisiz can illuminate an eclipsebilgisiz can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle 3.0.2 529960105
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunLight View Post
Mods please delete

Looked under Errors, and was able to figure it out
How did you figure it out? I have the same problem...
bilgisiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-25-2012, 02:27 PM   #6
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Follow susan's advice in post 2 or copy the image files manually into the folder MobiPocket Creator creates when it builds your book.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote