Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > Spring Design Alex

Notices

Old 04-26-2010, 05:16 PM   #16
NNolan
Compulsive Gadget Geek
NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: One of each, and two in some cases
During my first setup attempt I missed the section for entering my Adobe ID and password in the Settings menu. I think I needed to have the WiFi on, too, so it could connect with the Adobe Content Server and check my credentials. Once I had all the connections made it works like a Sony reader on my Mac: drag the files from the ADE directory to the ebooks directory on the Alex.
NNolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 06:40 PM   #17
Jim Lester
Evangelist
Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.

Device: Nook HD, Nook for Windows 8
Is this an review unit, or one that you purchased?
Jim Lester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 06:46 PM   #18
NNolan
Compulsive Gadget Geek
NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

One that I purchased. I'm afraid I rushed through the 1st attempt at setup, but the 2nd attempt was very successful and my Alex and Mac are very chatty now.
Old 04-26-2010, 11:42 PM   #19
jen6060
Connoisseur
jen6060 began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs505 (given away); Sony prs300; Nook
Hi NNolan- since there is a browser, are you able to do direct download of your local library books (now that your alex is authorised under ADE too). Also direct download from sites like booksonboard for drm epub books that you buy?
jen6060 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 06:27 AM   #20
NNolan
Compulsive Gadget Geek

My local library only carries reference ebooks, so I haven't tried that. I've got an application for the Philly library, though, so in about 2 weeks I might be able to tell you something about library access.

I haven't used booksonboard for anything yet, and I have Kobo set up on my laptop to download directly into ADE. Gutenberg downloaded directly onto the Alex, though.
Old 04-27-2010, 11:54 AM   #21
kejia
Enthusiast
kejia began at the beginning.

Device: alex ereader
Quote:
Originally Posted by jen6060 View Post
Hi NNolan- since there is a browser, are you able to do direct download of your local library books (now that your alex is authorised under ADE too). Also direct download from sites like booksonboard for drm epub books that you buy?
I'm not Nnolan but I used browser to go to library's overdrive page, and it said it did not support mobile browser downloads. Your-Library-May-Vary.
kejia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 09:29 PM   #22
kejia
Enthusiast
kejia began at the beginning.

Device: alex ereader
ade and alex still not talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by NNolan View Post
During my first setup attempt I missed the section for entering my Adobe ID and password in the Settings menu. I think I needed to have the WiFi on, too, so it could connect with the Adobe Content Server and check my credentials. Once I had all the connections made it works like a Sony reader on my Mac: drag the files from the ADE directory to the ebooks directory on the Alex.

Hmmm... my wifi is on, my adobe id is the same on mac and alex. I mounted alex (wifi on) to mac, turned on ade, and then dragged my library epub file from ade directory to ebooks directory. But after I unmounted alex and tried to open library epub book, the e-ink screen shows the message "! book error" and the lcd screen shows message "failed to open book" anyone?
kejia is offline   Reply With Quote