Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-28-2009, 01:31 PM   #1
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Managing wish lists

Do you utilize the Save for Later option with your Kindle? Do you download samples? Do you manage a wish list for Kindle titles some other way?

I have put 13 books onto my Save for Later list. I also have 41 samples on my Kindle. (There have been others, but I delete a sample after I buy the book.) In counting the two, I compared and there are no duplications across these two.

I know why I have my "wishes" as two different lists, and it has to do with how I use the Whispernet connection.
  • You can only add a book to your Save for Later list using the Kindle Store interface in the Kindle.
  • At the time I was browsing the Kindle Store, I was concerned about the battery life.
  • Therefore, I clicked the Save for Later option rather than Send a Sample to avoid any battery drain from the transfers.
  • I can select Send a Sample from my browser
  • When I know I have items to download from Amazon, I plug in the power adapter before turning on the antenna.

Like many others, I wish there were consistencies in the shopping options regardless of whether you are using the browser or the Kindle's built-in networking. (Very high on my list of requirements is the ability to download samples to the PC instead of requiring that they be delivered via Whispernet.

So -- how are you organizing your list of books that you want to buy at some point in the future?

Last edited by Elsi; 02-28-2009 at 01:34 PM.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 01:39 PM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
What is "Save for Later"? Is that something that if there when you browse the store via the Kindle?

I NEVER browse the store with my kindle. I always use my PC. I also usually know what I want to buy. I have so much "to read" advice from here and other places that I really don't browse even.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 01:45 PM   #3
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
I usually buy current books right away (if $9.99 or less). For pbooks that I am replacing with ebooks, I use the Universal Wish List button. For books I'm unsure of, I download samples.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 02:52 PM   #4
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
I usually buy current books right away (if $9.99 or less). For pbooks that I am replacing with ebooks, I use the Universal Wish List button. For books I'm unsure of, I download samples.
Same here. I either buy or use Amazon's wishlist feature (via the UWL button).
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 02:53 PM   #5
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Duplicate -- sorry!
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 03:20 PM   #6
catsittingstill
Guru
catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1.0.8, iPod Touch, Kindle Keyboard
Um. Usually if I'm on my computer when I see something I want I add the non-Kindle version to my wishlist and include a note that it's available for Kindle. I don't browse the store much on my Kindle--too busy reading :-)
catsittingstill is offline   Reply With Quote