Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 01-07-2016, 03:32 PM   #226
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Call me confuzzled. Is that an "Open With" beta plugin?
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 03:40 PM   #227
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by copyrite View Post
Call me confuzzled. Is that an "Open With" beta plugin?
Both of us - I didn't even look at the name - assumed it was this plugin

BR

@copywrite - Ah-ha - now I remember, davidfor and chaley solved a 'problem' with Search the Internet PI (raised by member Vortex) by changing the functionality of the Open With PI, I'll look at possibility of moving the relevant posts from here into the OW PI thread.

Added : I moved the posts about OW into the OW PI thread

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 01-07-2016 at 04:13 PM. Reason: makes more sense
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2016, 04:35 PM   #228
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
If I attempt to customize this plugin it crashes Calibre.

Spoiler:
calibre Debug log
calibre 2.47 isfrozen: True is64bit: False
Windows-8-6.2.9200 Windows ('32bit', 'WindowsPE')
32bit process running on 64bit windows
('Windows', '8', '6.2.9200')
Python 2.7.9
Windows: ('8', '6.2.9200', '', 'Multiprocessor Free')
DeDRM v6.1.0: In __init__
DeDRM v6.1.0: In load_resources
DeDRM v6.1.0: verdir C:\Users\Me\AppData\Roaming\calibre\plugins\DeDRM\ 6.1.0
DeDRM v6.1.0: In initialize
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeDRM && food network Recipe Reader && Resize Cover && Search The Internet && Generate Cover && Walk Search History && Wiki Reader && Fantastic Fiction && Goodreads Sync && Kindle Collections && BigOven Recipe Reader && FictionDB && Count Pages && Goodreads && View Manager && Find Duplicates && EpubMerge && EpubSplit && Manage Series && Reading List && Favourites Menu && Quality Check && Overdrive Link
Starting up...
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\ui.py", line 152, in __init__
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\ui.py", line 166, in init_iaction
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\__init__.py", line 582, in load_actual_plugin
File "importlib\__init__.py", line 37, in import_module
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\zipplugin.py", line 179, in load_module
File "calibre_plugins.food_ebook.ui", line 18, in <module>
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\zipplugin.py", line 179, in load_module
File "calibre_plugins.food_ebook.main", line 18, in <module>
ImportError: No module named PyQt4.Qt
EpubMergeEBUG:calibre_plugins.epubmerge.epubmerg e_plugin(152):macmenuhack file_path:C:\Users\Me\AppData\Roaming\calibre\plug ins\fanficfare_macmenuhack.txt
Started up in 79.09 seconds with 43174 books
SMART_DEV ( 0.01: 0.012) _attach_to_port try ip address "" on port 9090
SMART_DEV ( 0.97: 0.809) startup_on_demand listening on port 9090
SMART_DEV ( 1.03: 0.014) _attach_to_port try ip address "" on port 54982
SMART_DEV ( 1.07: 0.000) startup_on_demand broadcast socket listening on port 54982
SMART_DEV ( 2.12: 1.016) run All IP addresses {'{E290E82B-0287-473E-B101-1A53229E6502}': [{'addr': '169.254.173.78'}], '{74848E3E-C3C2-4C6D-A9E0-88EA1BD2FA33}': [{'addr': '192.168.1.8', 'broadcast': '192.168.1.255', 'netmask': '255.255.255.0'}], '{D6DF3E62-D6B2-45BB-9C58-F2C7634A0642}': [{'addr': '169.254.95.15'}], '{41000E7E-95EF-11E5-89B9-806E6F6E6963}': [{'addr': '127.0.0.1', 'broadcast': '127.255.255.255', 'netmask': '255.0.0.0'}], '{E45AC650-0FB2-4596-A82F-A6E14A2ADB97}': [{'addr': '169.254.208.235'}]}

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.

Thanks for any help.
@copywrite - sorry for the red herring, does it work if you don't customise?

Maybe the customisation data is corrupt already, try renaming it -- eg Search The Internet.json.save -- then try running it with factory settings, if that works and try your customisations again.

BR
Old 01-07-2016, 04:42 PM   #229
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It works with what I've previously customized, I wanted to add something.

I'll try that. Thanks.
Old 01-07-2016, 05:20 PM   #230
copyrite
Wizard

The default version of the plug-in locked up, too.
Advert
Old 01-07-2016, 05:30 PM   #231
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
The default version of the plug-in locked up, too.
You probably damaged its JSON file in the config directory. Removing a PI does not remove configurations
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 06:29 PM   #232
copyrite
Wizard

If I did as Better Red suggested, renamed it Search The Internet.json.save and it used the default settings when Calibre was restarted does that mean the JSON file in general in corrupted? How do you get rid of the corruption, then?
Old 01-07-2016, 07:11 PM   #233
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

If it (the PI) worked with dot save on the end, the file WAS bad (and a new one was created. you should see it now). Delete the OLD one, no matter what its name is, it was corrupt

dot save is just a trick to Keep the old one if it turned out WAS NOT bad (you just remove the dot save and your old one with ALL the settings is back)
Old 01-07-2016, 07:42 PM   #234
copyrite
Wizard

No, the PI didn't work when I renamed the older version, and it recreated the default settings...it still froze Calibre.
Old 01-07-2016, 08:03 PM   #235
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
No, the PI didn't work when I renamed the older version, and it recreated the default settings...it still froze Calibre.
Then you can restore your old JSON and save your settings

Are you sure, you got a clean copy of the PI?
Old 01-07-2016, 10:23 PM   #236
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

@copywrite - if you send me the details of what you're trying to do (here or in a PM) I'll give it a try - I don't use the PI so baby talk instructions, but the version I have is fresh off the press

Best way to verify you have a fresh json file is to look at it's create date in file properties - but if you renamed it and then ran the PI I.m confident you would have got a fresh one.

It appears like you might have a 'dead' PI, something about 'food'. It's looking for PyQt4, which means it's not calibre 2.n compliant, might be an idea to disable/uninstall it. Although I would be very surprised if that were causing problems with this PI.

BR
Old 01-08-2016, 08:15 AM   #237
copyrite
Wizard

I used to be able to edit the config... not sure why I can't any more or when it started. Anyway, yesterday evening I editted the file on my laptop to my liking and put that in service on the desktop. Still can't edit the config on the desktop... dunno what's up with that... but I have the modification I want!

Thanks for everyone's help!
Old 01-08-2016, 03:37 PM   #238
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

@copyrite - Hmmm, that's interesting and weird. Assuming same version of calibre and the PI, it suggests some strange interaction betwixt the Search the Internet configuration data and the core configuration data - or another PI's configuration data.

If I were thee I would:-
  1. Secure the desktop configuration folder and replace it with the configuration folder from the laptop.
  2. If 1. works, I'd then do whatever is necessary to adjust the configuration to suit the desktop install, testing this PI along the way.
  3. If 1. doesn't work then... suggests some strange interaction betwixt the Search the Internet PI and/or its configuration data and the OS
BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 01-08-2016 at 03:42 PM.
Old 01-15-2016, 11:45 AM   #239
Camelot
Connoisseur
Camelot began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Today with Calibre 2.49 the “Search the Internet plugin” doesn't work when click on search menu item.

The Dialog:
Code:
ERROR: Unhandled exception
TypeError: QUrl.fromEncoded(): argument 1 has unexpected type 'unicode'
Details:
Code:
calibre 2.49  isfrozen: True is64bit: True
Linux-4.2.1-towo.1-siduction-amd64-x86_64-with-debian-stretch-sid Linux ('64bit', 'ELF')
('Linux', '4.2.1-towo.1-siduction-amd64', '#1 SMP PREEMPT siduction 4.2-3 (2015-09-22)')
Python 2.7.9
Linux: ('debian', 'stretch/sid', '')
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Search The Internet
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre_plugins.search_the_internet.action", line 112, in search_web_link
  File "calibre_plugins.search_the_internet.action", line 118, in search_web_for_book
  File "calibre_plugins.search_the_internet.action", line 146, in open_tokenised_url
TypeError: QUrl.fromEncoded(): argument 1 has unexpected type 'unicode'

Last edited by Camelot; 01-15-2016 at 11:54 AM.
Camelot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 12:03 PM   #240
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Please post which Linux distro you have installed.

This appears to be related to your system distro configuration

Tags
book details, search the internet