Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-05-2007, 11:45 PM   #1
Hepcat
Minister of Silly Walks
Hepcat began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Cerebus by Dave Sim in ebook?

It's probably way too hopeful of me, but I started reading the phonebooks many years ago, but did not get through them all.

I think Cerebus would be amazing to have on my PRS-500. I don't suppose anyone know if that's currently available?

It's probably easiest for Dave Sim to make that happen, but who knows?

Thanks,
Hep.
Hepcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 06:04 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I just took a look on Google. No go from what I saw.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-10-2007, 10:21 PM   #3
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I don't think I'd depend on Sim for a job like that. I get the impression that revisiting old material isn't his thing. Also, he'd take years doing each book, complain incessantly about it, and find some way to add those rants to the files so you'd have to read them first!

Seriously, I like Cerebus... I read it religiously up until Guys. That series would be great on the Sony (as well as a few others I can think of, mostly Manga). But if I'd bought a Reader, I think I'd get my books out and scan them for myself instead of waiting for Sim to do it.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 11:30 PM   #4
Hepcat
Minister of Silly Walks
Hepcat began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-500
You're probably right. What would be the best way to do that? I don't imagine making each page a hi-res JPG would be very efficient from a storage perspective. Is there a common way to digitize comics?
Hepcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 07:34 AM   #5
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I don't know what-all image formats the reader supports. But I would start with experimenting with how low a resolution you can port into the reader that will still render well... maybe you can get away with 150dpi, for instance, and bring your file size down.

After that, there's a thread here somewhere about porting graphics into the reader as PDFs... try going through this thread for some ideas.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-17-2007, 08:37 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jordan View Post
I don't know what-all image formats the reader supports.
JPG and BMP, I believe.

Quote:
But I would start with experimenting with how low a resolution you can port into the reader that will still render well... maybe you can get away with 150dpi, for instance, and bring your file size down.
The Reader's screen has a resolution of 166dpi, so a 150dpi scan would probably be a good match to it.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote