Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 08-19-2010, 09:31 PM   #16
Icewyng
Addict
Icewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura about

Device: Pocketbook 301+, Pocketbook IQ
I would be interested to participate in the beta test. I own a Pocketbook 301+ and would gladly help.
Icewyng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 09:46 PM   #17
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
of course im available as well
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-20-2010, 01:52 AM   #18
Guus
Enthusiast
Guus will become famous soon enoughGuus will become famous soon enoughGuus will become famous soon enoughGuus will become famous soon enoughGuus will become famous soon enoughGuus will become famous soon enoughGuus will become famous soon enough

Device: Apple iPad 3G 64GB, iriver Story HD, Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
We are looking for beta testers that are willing to test our new beta versions. You should be willing to test the new beta and go over a long list of possible bugs and do good detailed reports.
I am willing to test the new beta versions. I use the PB 302 intensively reading epub books and dutch newspapers.
Guus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 02:40 AM   #19
mcrmama
Addict
mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.

Device: Kobo Aura One
I would be interested in beta testing. I also am a normal user without computer programming ability although I do like to play! I currently am using 15.1 on my pb360.

ETA: I use a lot of drm material including purchased and library books at the moment.

Last edited by mcrmama; 08-20-2010 at 02:42 AM.
mcrmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 03:49 AM   #20
Tannin
Tannin began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 360
I would be glad to help. I own a PocketBook 360, currently running 14.2
I'm a programmer myself (don't know if I'd call myself professional but I do get paid for it ) and I'm usually good at breaking stuff.
Tannin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-20-2010, 03:53 AM   #21
kalle17
kalle17 began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 302, PocketBook IQ701
I would like to test beta version of new firmware.
I use PB 302 mainly for reading technical PDF and fiction FB2 books. Have some experience in beta-testing software products of SPBsoftwarehouse. I'm ASP.NET developer by profession (MCP) and can communicate both in Russian and in English.
kalle17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 04:24 AM   #22
Papi
Addict
Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Kindle NT, PRS-650
I guess people who already own a Pocketbook will be preferred (which is quite understandable), but as others have said, if you provide the hardware, I'm interested. I speak French, German and English if that helps.
Papi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 04:41 AM   #23
psv
Connoisseur
psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o, remarkable
I would like to participate. I have a PB360.
psv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 06:04 AM   #24
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Welcome to all the newbies !!!!

Looks like you have a more than adequate quorum for testing !

Good luck all and I hope we shall see the reports here on mobileread ....

Slainte ...
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 07:17 AM   #25
norciom
ego Alpha et Omega
norciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-books

Device: Pocketbook 360
I'm in too.

I have a 360, I'm a developer and I read epubs, pdfs, fb2, txt.

For you I'll even get more books from a library. But only for you. It's a sacrifice I will make.
norciom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 10:30 PM   #26
jezebel
Fanatic
jezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoon

Device: Kindle Fire (5th Gen), Nook Color
If you want a tester with average tech skills, I'll do it, but I don't have a Pocketbook yet.
jezebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 11:05 PM   #27
Energetics
Energetics began at the beginning.

Device: none
I am a professional reader to audiences and voiceover

I do a lot of reading in my profession for and in front of public (which would put your appliance in front of people as well)

Sometimes I work as a lecturer

In all 3 fields I dare say that I would be quite nimble as a tester for the "can you also work with it" approach.

I've written countless reports for my company on project feasibility and am able to "think in terms of consumer reliance and company prospect"

As a consumer I am a thorough inquirer and an update-requester.

Last edited by Energetics; 08-20-2010 at 11:07 PM.
Energetics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 05:04 AM   #28
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW

Welcome to mobileread Energetics ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 09:23 AM   #29
mSSM
Connoisseur? Addict!
mSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with others

Device: Onyx M92
I have just registered today because of the announcement of the tall screen sized pocketbooks.

I am a student from Germany who is going to pursue his Masters starting from October. For my Bachelor thesis I had to read quite a lot of material, mostly scientific papers you can get from the various journals. I guess, that is not going to become less during grad studies. :-) Therefore, I am extremely interested in a reader which can display a whole page, so that I don't have to fire up my computer or waste paper on printing all that stuff.

I am fluent in English (teaching was held entirely in English during my undergrad), and native in German and Russian.

I am using Linux for about 5 years now (if that is revelant in regards to the software testing).

Albeit a new user on this board, I'd be very interested in helping you guys test your new product. :-)
mSSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 09:33 AM   #30
norciom
ego Alpha et Omega
norciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-books

Device: Pocketbook 360
It is the 26th. Any news/official statements/instructions?
norciom is offline   Reply With Quote