Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-10-2013, 08:59 PM   #24766
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
It has come around so quickly. What will happen if you haven't sold before it's time to go? Do you leave it in the hands of your agent?
Sure. The agent can handle everything. There really is no rush to sell it. The last time we moved to Thailand, we didn't even bother to sell it, just rented it out with option to buy. But we figure this will be 'the last move.' No need to keep the condo in Japan. If in fact we do move again, it would be to Bali or some other island in the western south Pacific. Perhaps Palau? It's the world's #1 dive location. (Well, tied for #1 with the Red Sea.) Somewhere where the water is warm, the coral reefs still full of fish, and life is laid back. There's enough money in the bank to cover us if we're careful, money still comes in from my writing and photography and my wife's stock market trading (I don't know HOW the hell she does it... drips and drabs but it adds up quickly,) that we don't 'need' the money from the condo sale. That would just give us some extra 'play money.' We've been talking about another summer spent motorcycle touring in the Alps and southern Europe... Who knows?

We've been virtually 'giving away' the contents of the condo, selling the washer/dryer for $50, the fridge for $50, etc. just to be sure to get them out of the house before we move. We actually did give away the sofa and the dinning room table and chairs! Everything was bought new just a few years ago, and should sell for a few hundred, but we just want it out... now! But we sold everything with the proviso that people not pick them up until a few days before we leave, so we can live comfortably for the rest of the month. We'll stay in a hotel for the final two days. Things really ARE moving quickly... but there is always time for more tea! I'm on my third mug already and it's just 10am! And... the doorbell should ring any minute now with the agent and prospective buyers....

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 10:48 PM   #24767
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Sounds great Stitchawl! Must be exciting, and tiring at the same time!
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-11-2013, 02:11 AM   #24768
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Mid-afternoon tea break. An extra-smokey Lapsang Souchong from McNultey's of New York. Just right for a rainy day. Long walks in the rain may be nice for young lovers but they suck for exercising...

Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
Sounds great Stitchawl! Must be exciting, and tiring at the same time!
It's very exciting. And you're right, very tiring. I've increased my morning and afternoon meditations to 30 minutes each instead of 20, and that helps keep the energy levels up and keeping down the stress. There are a million and six different things to juggle, and the timing needs to come out right. No second chances. But no problems... only challenges! It's like the man said; 'it's not how many times you get knocked down that matters. It's how many times you get back up.'

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 04:59 AM   #24769
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Sounds like things are going well, Stitchawl!

In my cup: a toothbrush. It's late (early), even by my standards. Time for bed.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 09:59 AM   #24770
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
It's very exciting. And you're right, very tiring. I've increased my morning and afternoon meditations to 30 minutes each instead of 20, and that helps keep the energy levels up and keeping down the stress. ........
Stitchawl
Best wishes for the move to Thailand, Stichawl. A better climate and all...that must be so good. I visited it some 10 years ago and really liked it.

(today I almost drowned in the rain, on my bicycle)
In my cup: cold Rooibos cinnamon/orange
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-11-2013, 10:18 AM   #24771
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Waking up slowly on a Saturday morning with cranberry juice in my glass ... and howling hungry cats milling about my feet .... which may soon result in cranberry juice in their bowls ....
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 10:36 AM   #24772
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Zeke's Coffee Hippie Blend. Kind of boring but I'll try more of the brand. They are fair trade and that is important to me.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 02:10 PM   #24773
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Storm moving in, it's kind of "soft" right now, but looks like it will be positively dumping down tomorrow when I have to drive down to Redmond. Not fair, there's been a high sitting over the west coast for 2 weeks, and it finally disappears when I have a long drive that would have been much nicer with the top down. Sigh.

Lapsang Souchong in my cup. That kind of day.
CRussel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 02:16 PM   #24774
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Making a cup of coffee for the road, as I get ready for the drive to spend the day with my son.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 02:48 PM   #24775
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Got caught in a mini-monsoon on our trip to the grocery store.

Home in steamy, humid air - sipping a Guinness.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 03:34 PM   #24776
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Keemun. It has been a while. Yummy. Going to put some sunscreen on Lucas and head outside.
Old 05-11-2013, 04:38 PM   #24777
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Finishing the tea in mug #2. Enjoy your visit, dreams!
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 12:44 AM   #24778
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
Finishing the tea in mug #2. Enjoy your visit, dreams!
I did and came home with a car full of goodies and gifts!
I am so proud of the person he became and had a great time seeing all the changes to the house and yard.

I am home, pleasantly tired, and settling in with my chocolate strawberries and a cup of coffee (now that it has cooled down quite a bit).
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 06:42 AM   #24779
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
I did and came home with a car full of goodies and gifts!
I am so proud of the person he became and had a great time seeing all the changes to the house and yard.

I am home, pleasantly tired, and settling in with my chocolate strawberries and a cup of coffee (now that it has cooled down quite a bit).
Congrats to you; being proud of your son and all.

(multitasking: making the photoalbum of my journey on the PC, thinking about going to Ethiopia next year and watching the documentary "The Eagles, to the limit' on my iPad. Very nice. 95 minutes of music and talks)

in mu cup: hot Rooibos cinnamon/orange
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 08:10 AM   #24780
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1368360566.614090.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	86.0 KB
ID:	105808

He is getting to be a big boy.

Happy Mothers Day to all the Moms.

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?