Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-02-2007, 01:31 PM   #1
hmgreen
Enthusiast
hmgreen began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, -600, -900, Kindle 2, Touch, PW1 (all gone), PW2, Voyage
Where do they store your library on the PC?

I am a new member here. I run Win XP at work and Vista at home. I am sure this question has been answered somewhere else because it's pretty basic but I have come up empty on my searches....

I wouldlike to back up my purchased books. Where does the Connect Site install downloaded books for the PRS-505 library. Has to be somewhere on the drive, but I have not found it under Documents and Settings, Application Data, User, etc.

Can someone help? If I do a backup is there anything else (like an index or cache file) that I also need to copy?

Thanks!
hmgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 01:36 PM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Search for *.lrx . That suffix is only used by the Sony Reader.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2007, 01:37 PM   #3
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
What Nate said should do it, I'll add that there's no cache file that you need to copy, just the LRX files, and that you can rename the files in Windows without causing yourself any issues -- you'll see why when you find the files.

One caveat, the Library software will "lose track" of the files if/when you re-name them, just re-import them and you'll be fine.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 01:49 PM   #4
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Not sure if it's the same on Vista, but try "C:\Documents and Settings\username\My Documents\My Books\eBook Library"
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 02:04 PM   #5
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
Not sure if it's the same on Vista, but try "C:\Documents and Settings\username\My Documents\My Books\eBook Library"
In Vista mine are in the My Documents\My Books\eBook Library path as well.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert