Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 10-01-2011, 02:46 PM   #1
TdeV
Dabbler
TdeV began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Reject:Lenovo 8.1 tablet Old: Colour Nook, HP Touchpad
Unhappy My Nook library is a muddle - help!

I have been using Calibre to manage my Nook library for quite a while, and I download Nookbooks, Smashwords, etc. to a directory on my hard drive which I upload into Calibre.

It wasn't always the case and there was a time where B&N automatically downloaded stuff to my Nook. Often I change something about the ebook, and the B&N download may re-download stuff, which I find very irritating. So, mostly I have wifi set off.

Most irritating of all, are two ebooks: Nook User Guide and Quick Start Guide which I find totally, utterly worthless, and I object to having to look at them.

I am unable to delete these books from my Nook. I have also removed ALL of my Calibre library from my Nook.

I am left with 10 books (including 2 user guides) which display a thumbnail photo, author, title + "Download" button. How do I get rid of these?

Also, if I should find some reason to turn on wifi, how can I delete whatever it is B&N downloads onto my Nook?

Your help is appreciated.
TdeV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 03:17 PM   #2
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
You can't remove the 2 user guides from the nook.

For the other books, you should be able to archive them. It may be simpler to do from the website, archive them and then do a sync on your nook.

A more drastic alternative is to do a master clear.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2011, 05:01 PM   #3
TdeV
Dabbler

Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
You can't remove the 2 user guides from the nook.
Rats and double rats!

Quote:
A more drastic alternative is to do a master clear.
Could you tell me more about this?
Old 10-02-2011, 10:45 PM   #4
johnnyK
Banned
johnnyK began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by TdeV View Post
I have been using Calibre to manage my Nook library for quite a while, and I download Nookbooks, Smashwords, etc. to a directory on my hard drive which I upload into Calibre.

It wasn't always the case and there was a time where B&N automatically downloaded stuff to my Nook. Often I change something about the ebook, and the B&N download may re-download stuff, which I find very irritating. So, mostly I have wifi set off.

Most irritating of all, are two ebooks: Nook User Guide and Quick Start Guide which I find totally, utterly worthless, and I object to having to look at them.

I am unable to delete these books from my Nook. I have also removed ALL of my Calibre library from my Nook.

I am left with 10 books (including 2 user guides) which display a thumbnail photo, author, title + "Download" button. How do I get rid of these?

Also, if I should find some reason to turn on wifi, how can I delete whatever it is B&N downloads onto my Nook?

Your help is appreciated.
You can move the instructional manuels OFF your homepage and store them on a "My Shelf"
johnnyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 05:39 AM   #5
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyK View Post
You can move the instructional manuels OFF your homepage and store them on a "My Shelf"
But you can't remove them from the Library view.
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-07-2011, 03:00 PM   #6
TdeV
Dabbler

Nook Library

I only ever use the Book library view, so I guess I'm screwed!
Old 10-17-2011, 02:13 PM   #7
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Quote:
Originally Posted by TdeV View Post
Rats and double rats!

Could you tell me more about this?
Go to your Library on B&N.com and archive what you dont wan't on your Nook. Then syc your nook and they will be gone.

As for the manuals, i dont really see what the big deal is. Its two files, and i dont know that two files qualify as "a mess."
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
library muddle