Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 04-29-2014, 02:44 AM   #466
mirikbb
mirikbb began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Lightbulb Replace native Calibre "check for duplicates" by Kiwidude's one

Hello Kiwidude,

please, is it somehow possible to replace unusable native Calibre "check for duplicates" by your plugin for actions like adding books and move/copy books?

Native "check for duplicates" is unusable mainly in multilanguage books libraries, where some of the book names are not translated thus they are evaluated as duplicate even the language property is different.

Thanx
mirikbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 09:08 PM   #467
hydin
Connoisseur
hydin doesn't litterhydin doesn't litter

Device: Paperwhite, Nook Glowlight 3
Any chance there's a way to use this to check out if there are duplicates on a kindle?

Thanks!
hydin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-10-2014, 11:35 PM   #468
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Beta for calibre change to Qt5

FYI, I am not kiwidude and this isn't my plugin. But I am trying to help out by porting some of the plugins I use regularly while kiwidude is busy.

Attached is a test version that should work for both the existing 1.X calibre and the upcoming 2.X version calibre. 2.x will use PyQt5 which requires changes to virtually all plugins.

This version needs to be tested with the existing calibre.

Brave souls to test with with the beta 2.X version would also be appreciated. Links to the 2.X beta and discussion of the transition (for plugins) can be see at: Attn plugin developers: calibre moving to Qt 5.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Find Duplicates-qt5.zip (57.5 KB, 316 views)
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 01:15 AM   #469
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Did a few tests of the new version with calibre V1.200 portable and calibre 1.44 64 bit, works fine

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 01:16 AM   #470
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

This is for the current and new versions on calibre V2.201 and V1.44

If I try to set keyboard shortcut settings in the plugin configuration they don't work and when I look at them again they're gone.

But if I set them via the main Preferences->Keyboard->Find Duplicates settings they work and they persist - and if I look at via the plugin, I can see them, but if I change them the changes don't 'stick'.

BR
Advert
Old 07-11-2014, 05:43 AM   #471
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I can't reproduce that with with 32bit versions of 1.201 and 1.44.0. I wouldn't expect the 64bit to be different, but could you run in debug mode and see if there are any errors in the log?
Old 07-11-2014, 07:22 AM   #472
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I can't reproduce that with with 32bit versions of 1.201 and 1.44.0. I wouldn't expect the 64bit to be different, but could you run in debug mode and see if there are any errors in the log?
I'll wait until V2.0 and official new PI released before doing any more tests. If anyone runs into it they have a simple workaround - configure the shortcut in Preferences->Keyboard->Find Duplicates.

I would note however I got the same problem with 'new' PI and V2.201 portable which I believe is the 32bit build.

Pssst: it would be useful if the V2.0 PI's had a distinguishable version number - eg 1.6.1n.

BR
Old 07-11-2014, 09:34 AM   #473
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
David
I had to kill the json file to get FD to show the icon (not even on the Preferences: toolbar list) with 1.201 on XP SP3

once done, it worked well.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 02:04 AM   #474
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
The Find Duplicates icon doesn't appear after the update.

1.33 on Win 7
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 03:43 AM   #475
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
I'll wait until V2.0 and official new PI released before doing any more tests. If anyone runs into it they have a simple workaround - configure the shortcut in Preferences->Keyboard->Find Duplicates.
@davidfor - just letting you know that I can't reproduce that keyboard shortcut problem - suggest we put it down to neutrinos or me having a bad hair day.

BR
Old 07-31-2014, 06:51 AM   #476
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

BR: OK, we'll assume neutrinos. I'm sure you don't have bad hair days.
Old 08-02-2014, 11:36 AM   #477
LDMartin1959
LDMartin1959 began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone/iPad/Calibre
Has anyone had issues with this plugin since the last updates (to either it or Calibre)? I have been attempting to run duplicate searches and Calibre or the plug-in just hang. I realize it can take time for the check to complete and a few hours may be expected…but a day or more and still not completed? Doesn't seem quite right to me.

Thanks.
LDMartin1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 05:46 PM   #478
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

@LDMartin1959 - How are you using the plugin - within or between libraries, what sort of compare - exact, fuzzy etc

BR
Old 08-02-2014, 07:50 PM   #479
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
When I use "Show one group at a time", how do I switch from one group to the next?

Last edited by JSWolf; 08-02-2014 at 08:00 PM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 10:41 PM   #480
LDMartin1959
LDMartin1959 began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone/iPad/Calibre
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
@LDMartin1959 - How are you using the plugin - within or between libraries, what sort of compare - exact, fuzzy etc

BR
BetterRed, I am searching for dups in a single library (and if it makes a difference, I only have the one), binary compare, show all groups at once with highlighting, sort groups by number of duplicates.
LDMartin1959 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cross library duplicates, in library duplicates