Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 01-11-2011, 03:27 PM   #1
crutledge
eBook FANatic
crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP ipac RX5915 Wife's Kindle
Indenting TOC entried

Is there any way to indent TOC entries with the same heading value?
crutledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 06:01 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by crutledge View Post
Is there any way to indent TOC entries with the same heading value?
Why? Are you trying for the same font size?
just make a style sheet entry for the next layer down
adjust values to suite

h4.fakeh3 { font-size: 125% } /* approx: to make it appear the same size */
I sometimes make things bolder,

<h4 class="fakeh3"> head'em up a level</h4>
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-11-2011, 06:15 PM   #3
crutledge
eBook FANatic
crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP ipac RX5915 Wife's Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Why? Are you trying for the same font size?
just make a style sheet entry for the next layer down
adjust values to suite

h4.fakeh3 { font-size: 125% } /* approx: to make it appear the same size */
I sometimes make things bolder,

<h4 class="fakeh3"> head'em up a level</h4>
I wish to make TOC as follows:

Code:
TOC entry 1
    TOC entry 2
    TOC entry 3
TOC entry 4
    TOC entry 5
All <h2>...</h2>

If I use <h3> some readers will only show that something is subordinate to the <h2> and require clicking on the "expand arrow???" to show the subordinate entries.

P.S.
This is easy to build into an inline TOC but is probably a No No in ePub.

Last edited by crutledge; 01-11-2011 at 06:22 PM.
crutledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 06:22 PM   #4
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
You can build a TOC entry inside the book and do what you want. But not the TOC that exists outside the book. Each eBook Reader displays this as it sees fit. You have very little control over the display. Your eBook TOC will look like everyone else's on a particular hardware.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 11:09 PM   #5
Nigol
Groupie
Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Original, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by crutledge View Post
I wish to make TOC as follows:

Code:
TOC entry 1
    TOC entry 2
    TOC entry 3
TOC entry 4
    TOC entry 5
All <h2>...</h2>

If I use <h3> some readers will only show that something is subordinate to the <h2> and require clicking on the "expand arrow???" to show the subordinate entries.

P.S.
This is easy to build into an inline TOC but is probably a No No in ePub.
Yes there is, I just published a tool that will help you do that.
Just select all the chapter you want to be under a heading an drag and drop them on the one you want to be top level.

i.e. Select Chapter 1 to 10 and move them on part 1, then it save your TOC will be updated.

http://code.google.com/p/epubfixer/
Nigol is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert