Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-12-2012, 07:30 PM   #226
qlob
Official Lurker
qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3.4
If you are trying to display the idme things, running
Code:
idme ?
displays all known variables...
qlob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 07:46 PM   #227
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
On a K4/K5 the idme when booted from main can only read vars. When booted from diags, you can also write them (with the -d parameter). Not sure about the K3 though. There are other ways to write them such as fastboot and a diags menu too. I have not played with K3 diags much...
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:03 PM   #228
qlob
Official Lurker
qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm pretty sure it is possible to change stuff like that in 3 diags.... That could help solve their problem...
Old 10-12-2012, 08:03 PM   #229
(-_-)
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: O_o
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
you need the USBNet hack to get SSH.
I need to jailbreak for USBNet hack. (right?)
I need USBNet hack to jailbreak . (serial needs fixed)

Looks like the only thing that can save me now, is if someone points me to K3 3g repair images with jailbreak pre-installed.
(Don't see such for K3 in the pastebin)
(-_-) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:07 PM   #230
qlob
Official Lurker

You can probably set the serial number and maybe the MAC address by placing a blank file called ENABLE_DIAGS on the usb drive part, then rebooting... There should be an option to set those, but it's been a while...
Old 10-15-2012, 05:11 PM   #231
(-_-)
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by qlob View Post
You can probably set the serial number and maybe the MAC address by placing a blank file called ENABLE_DIAGS on the usb drive part, then rebooting... There should be an option to set those, but it's been a while...
I saw an option there to set serial, but then it says "waiting for serial port" ......so that's a dead end.
Thanks anyway

Quote:

But more importantly, I have added URLs for a 3.4 kernel and a 2-part zip file for mmcblk0p1-3.4+jb+keys.img file. As the name implies, this has the jailbreak and dev keys pre-installed.

I was thrilled to see that file posted, I thought that would do it. I flashed it today.

But ......

USBNetwork can't install because "update your kindle" is greyed out because of the serial.

Quote:
.....also has the usbNetwork hack installed. That hack will not function after debricking, until it is reinstalled, due to hack files on the USB drive that are not included in the main partition.

If USBNetwork hack is on here already...
May I please have a link to those files, then drop them in kindle USB drive?

Or, will it not work that way?

Thank you all the help

Last edited by (-_-); 10-15-2012 at 05:16 PM.
Old 10-15-2012, 05:42 PM   #232
qlob
Official Lurker

I'll send you the files via PM when i get done fixin my computer.
Old 10-15-2012, 08:46 PM   #233
geekmaster
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by (-_-) View Post
... Looks like the only thing that can save me now, is if someone points me to K3 3g repair images with jailbreak pre-installed.
(Don't see such for K3 in the pastebin)
You must have missed the announcement from a few days ago in the simple debricking sticky thread.

The pastebin was updated to contain 3.4 with Jailbreak and with combined Dev Keys...

Go look at the first post of the Dev Corner simple debricking sticky thread:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=170929

EDIT: Hint... search for "mmcblk0p1-3.4+jb+keys".

Last edited by geekmaster; 10-15-2012 at 09:49 PM.
Old 10-15-2012, 08:55 PM   #234
qlob
Official Lurker

Quote:
You must have missed the announcement from a few days ago in the simple debricking sticky thread.
The pastebin was updated to contain 3.4 with Jailbreak and with combined Dev Keys...
Go look at the first post of the Dev Corner simple debricking sticky thread:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=170929
EDIT: Hint... search for "mmcblk0p1-3.4+jb+keys".
He just posted that he needs the usbnet folders because the .bin files will not install due to lack of serial number, but he has flashed the 3.4 image.
Old 10-15-2012, 09:46 PM   #235
geekmaster

Quote:

If USBNetwork hack is on here already...
May I please have a link to those files, then drop them in kindle USB drive?

Or, will it not work that way?

Thank you all the help
I did a factory reset on my K3 before making the 3.4+jb+keys images.

My K3 is in the same condition as yours.

I just downloaded the latest usbnetwork hack (kindle-usbnetwork-0.44.N.zip) from here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88004

I extracted it and copied the usbnet folder to my kindle, and set it
to autostart usbnet:
cp -r kindle-usbnetwork-0.44.N/src/usbnet /media/Kindle
cd /media/Kindle/usbnet
mv DISABLED_auto auto

Then I ejected my kindle USB drive, and restarted. I plugged in the USB cable. Not USB Drive mode --that is a good sign that USBNet is running.
sudo ifconfig usb0 up
sudo ifconfig usb0 192.168.2.1
ssh root@192.168.2.2

And it worked!

Download the usbnet hack and copy its usbnet folder from src to the kindle. Then reboot.
Old 10-15-2012, 09:55 PM   #236
geekmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by qlob View Post
He just posted that he needs the usbnet folders because the .bin files will not install due to lack of serial number, but he has flashed the 3.4 image.
Yeah, I noticed that in a later post, after I had replied to a previous post. The usbnet folder he needs is in the hack src folder after unzipping it. I tried it. It works (see above post).
Old 10-16-2012, 05:56 PM   #237
(-_-)
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Quote:
Download the usbnet hack and copy its usbnet folder from src to the kindle. Then reboot.
Ok, I have done this. ^

Quote:
cp -r kindle-usbnetwork-0.44.N/src/usbnet /media/Kindle
cd /media/Kindle/usbnet
mv DISABLED_auto auto

Then I ejected my kindle USB drive, and restarted. I plugged in the USB cable. Not USB Drive mode --that is a good sign that USBNet is running.
sudo ifconfig usb0 up
sudo ifconfig usb0 192.168.2.1
ssh root@192.168.2.2

And it worked!
A bit lost here.
I'm on windows vista 32bit.
Do I type those lines in the command line? Or is that Linux?

Last edited by (-_-); 10-16-2012 at 05:59 PM.
Old 10-16-2012, 06:08 PM   #238
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
A bit lost here.
I'm on windows vista 32bit.
Do I type those lines in the command line? Or is that Linux?
That is Linux.
Use whatever "connection manager" thingy your Uncle Bill gave you.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 06:40 PM   #239
geekmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
That is Linux.
Use whatever "connection manager" thingy your Uncle Bill gave you.
The "connection thingy" is called Device Manager. Go to the RNDIS device, TCP/IP v4 properties, manually assigned IP address = 192.168.15.201 netmask = 255.255.255.0, no gateway...

It can be found in the forum, complete with screenshots as I recall. But my hints should be enough if you have setup a windows network before...
Old 10-17-2012, 12:43 PM   #240
shihman
shihman got an A in P-Chem.shihman got an A in P-Chem.shihman got an A in P-Chem.shihman got an A in P-Chem.shihman got an A in P-Chem.shihman got an A in P-Chem.shihman got an A in P-Chem.shihman got an A in P-Chem.shihman got an A in P-Chem.shihman got an A in P-Chem.shihman got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kindle 3
HI. Complete noob here. I have downloaded both bins and ATK. I think I might have a 64bit Win system as it says no USB drives detected. Any tips?

Last edited by shihman; 10-17-2012 at 01:00 PM.
shihman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
debrick, debricking, howto, kindle 3