Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-18-2010, 04:57 PM   #1
jjansen
J
jjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: SONY PRS 505/300, iRex DR800SG, Nook
Removing Headers - yet again

Sorry to beat this same subject to death but I am stuck. I am trying to remove headers (and some footers) from hundreds of pdf documents so I would like to automate the process as much as possible.

In an earlier thread someone suggested using the crop feature in Acrobat which I didn't know existed but I thought was a great idea. I have found out that Crop on its own isn't good enough since it merely hides the headers and footers. Someone else suggested that you should use the preflight functionality in Acrobat. I have Acrobat Pro 9. This is where I get stuck. Has anyone got a specific set of instructions to create a profile, or whaterver I need to do in Acrobat to remove the headers and footers.

Any suggestions gratefully accepted.

Jackie
jjansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 05:24 PM   #2
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjansen View Post
Any suggestions gratefully accepted.
There's a new pdf converter on the way, but that may be a longer wait than you want.

I haven't played with any of the conversion options, but I have played with the RSS recipes, and there are some fantastic tools for stripping things from html. Perhaps someone here can tell you if BeautifulSoup can be used during conversion?

Alternatively, I might look at SED (Stream EDitor) during an intermediate conversion step. It can find and strip text easily. I suspect there are better ways, but you did ask for "any" suggestions.

Good luck!
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert