Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 09-06-2009, 10:10 PM   #1
liguy
liguy began at the beginning.

Device: ez reader pocket pro
text contrast

I am a newbie to e-book devices and have never even seen one until the delivery of my pocket pro. So far I think it is pretty cool. I do notice that the contrast between the copy and the background seems to be low. It looks kind of washed out. Is there a way to adjust the contrast so the copy is more vivid? I looked online and in the user manual and didn't see any reference to this kind of control.

Thanks.
liguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 10:34 PM   #2
emellaich
Wizard
emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm>Ebookman>IPaq>Axim>Cybook>Kndl2>IPAD>Kndl3SO>Voyager>Oasis
Not really. There are a couple of things to consider.

1) try a bolder font
2) If you have a white one, it can make you perceive the background as more washed out. Some have reported that using a black skin on the Kindle makes the text/background contrast appear better.
3) If you are viewing pdf's and the pdf's are actually pictures instead of text then the text could appear a bit more washed out. If so, does it still appear washed out in the other file formats.

Bottom line, is that I don't have my PPro yet, but these are the steps others have referred to when viewing their first e-ink device. It is not as pure black and white as some expected it to be and they had to adjust their expectations a bit. You won't notice a problem in bright light, but if you have middle-aged or older eyes you may need to use a reading light in dimmer lit settings.
emellaich is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-07-2009, 08:36 PM   #3
liguy
liguy began at the beginning.

Device: ez reader pocket pro
thank you, emellaich. I picked a new font and it seems to be better. The more I use it, the more comfortable I become.
liguy is offline   Reply With Quote