Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-09-2008, 10:15 PM   #1
Kypt
Connoisseur
Kypt began at the beginning.

Device: nook, Kindle 3
Adding meta data picture to existing lrf with librprs500

I've been using the html2lrf command-line to turn html files into ebook. I've been using the command line since I have yet to figure out how to use the GUI and still be able to keep the pictures and links to multi-paged html books.

Once I create the book with html2lrf using default arguments, it creates it all and then I import into librprs500 and add the necessary tags such as title, author etc. The problem is that the picture on the meta tags doesn't get embedded on the book, it seems to only be for the librprs500 user's benefit. Is there a way to embed this on the book itself to see on the reader too?

Thanks
Kypt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 12:29 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
When generating from the commandline use the --cover option, or use the GUI converter to get the image in the LRF file. You can't set a cover image in an LRF file once it has been created.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-10-2008, 01:21 AM   #3
Kypt
Connoisseur

Thanks, one question though. When i've tried using the GUI, the cover works fine, however I have problems with the books themselves.

For example, lets say I have one that has every chapter in a specific page, with the table of contents linking them all and they're also linked to each other. If I use the GUI I'd expect to be able to drag the toc.html to the program and it does them all. However, that doesn't seem to be the case, it will ONLY do the toc itself without the linked files.

Similar thing happens to pictures even if they're just one-paged books. I drag the .html into the program and its there, however it's unable to see the pictures, not sure if whenever you drag it it detects the pictures or not or if maybe the relative links fail. That's why I started using command line so I can keep the pics and links, but miss cover.

I think I'll just use the --cover option you suggested. Would you mind letting me know what the program uses to find the high-res pictures of the book? I've been using that to convert other types of books and those covers look amazing on the reader. Also, I appreciate the prompt responce
Old 04-10-2008, 05:43 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Put the toc file and all the files it references into a zip file and convert that.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 07:05 PM   #5
Kypt
Connoisseur

Ahh that makes sense! I didn't know you were able to do that. Thank's a lot I'll check that when I get home.

Regards!
Advert