Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-21-2012, 10:47 AM   #16
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
You need to extract the getkernels script from the compressed file:

tar zxvf getkernels.tar.gz

Its outputs are kernel images. Not the partition images you mention. Those backup images must be created separately using dd.

Last edited by geekmaster; 10-21-2012 at 10:50 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:45 PM   #17
kaznelson
Old Kaz
kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Era
geekmaster
This script is compatible with Kindle Paperwhite?
kaznelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-22-2013, 01:53 AM   #18
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaznelson View Post
geekmaster
This script is compatible with Kindle Paperwhite?
Yes. I used it when I got my PW...
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 02:29 PM   #19
zxcvbs
zxcvbs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zxcvbs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zxcvbs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zxcvbs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zxcvbs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zxcvbs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zxcvbs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zxcvbs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zxcvbs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zxcvbs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zxcvbs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: k3
Hi, sorry if i have mistaken, but with this main_kernel.img how can i extract the initramfs, what offsets do i use for K3?

Thanks.
zxcvbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 02:38 PM   #20
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by zxcvbs View Post
Hi, sorry if i have mistaken, but with this main_kernel.img how can i extract the initramfs, what offsets do i use for K3?

Thanks.
already been done and posted here.
Thread includes step-by-step instructions.
Kernel and initramfs for a sampling of all devices attached to thread.

Since you don't mention a firmware version, I guess whichever one(s) I extracted for the K3 are what you want.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2014, 03:46 PM   #21
zxcvbs
zxcvbs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zxcvbs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zxcvbs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zxcvbs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zxcvbs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zxcvbs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zxcvbs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zxcvbs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zxcvbs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zxcvbs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zxcvbs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: k3
Do im looking right here https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...3&postcount=11 ?
zxcvbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 05:41 PM   #22
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by zxcvbs View Post
For that 3.4 firmware version, yes.

Both the kernel (embedded) .config and the initramfs are attached to that post.
Enjoy.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 06:24 AM   #23
mustdie
mustdie began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
For that 3.4 firmware version, yes.

Both the kernel (embedded) .config and the initramfs are attached to that post.
Enjoy.
How to use this script?
Win7,putty?
Where to put the script
mustdie is offline   Reply With Quote