Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-30-2011, 10:48 AM   #1
Joywalker
Enthusiast
Joywalker has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Joywalker has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Joywalker has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Joywalker has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Touch
Reading Life Page on Touch

Hi, I'm just wondering:

When I clicked on 'Reading Life' and clicked again on 'Reading Stats', it only shows one page. But when I used my iPhone Kobo app,it shows 6 pages.

Is that normal or did I miss something here?
Joywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 09:15 PM   #2
Joywalker
Enthusiast
Joywalker has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Joywalker has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Joywalker has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Joywalker has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Hmm...everyone has the same thing or nobody knows?
I've seen promotion pics of the Kobo Touch that under ' Reading Life- Stats' page, there's a Page 1 of 4 indication. But in myTouch, only single page.

The Reading Stats on the Kobo App shows more details than the one on the Kobo Touch. eg. Reading Times and on average how many pages per session etc.

Just curious...
Advert
Old 06-30-2011, 10:19 PM   #3
Psyke
Evangelist
Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wi-Fi - Kobo Touch - GNex - N7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joywalker View Post
Hmm...everyone has the same thing or nobody knows?
I've seen promotion pics of the Kobo Touch that under ' Reading Life- Stats' page, there's a Page 1 of 4 indication. But in myTouch, only single page.

The Reading Stats on the Kobo App shows more details than the one on the Kobo Touch. eg. Reading Times and on average how many pages per session etc.

Just curious...

I think that's a mockup of what they have in development, not what's actually available as of yet. The Kobo Touch's reading life is much more limited than the ipad's app.
Psyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 02:18 AM   #4
Joywalker
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyke View Post
I think that's a mockup of what they have in development, not what's actually available as of yet. The Kobo Touch's reading life is much more limited than the ipad's app.
Thanks Psyke.
Except me,no one owns a Touch here and I have no way of checking if it's just my Touch or is it in general all stats shows this only.

Hope to see more of Reading Life in the next firmware upgrade.
Old 07-01-2011, 02:43 AM   #5
zoran
himself
zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kobo
Contrast on this picture is magnificent. Does it correspond to
the actual screen?
As you would ask, I'll get touch somewhere at late fall.
zoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-01-2011, 03:53 AM   #6
defyboy
defyboy began at the beginning.

Device: troy.gerrie@gmail.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoran View Post
the actual screen?
Under decent lighting, Yes. I don't think that picture is real, but you really have to see these up close to believe it. Under poor lighting though, they are what I would consider, slightly harder to read than a book.
defyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 04:40 AM   #7
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
I'm guessing that there will be updates to the stats function as time goes on. I know that the last couple of updates to the Android App greatly increased stats. I don't know if it it matches the iOS version yet though.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 02:14 PM   #8
kiwipippa
Fanatic
kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo glo, kobo touch (dead), kindle touch, android phone
I thought Reading Life was a bit of a gimmick, but it's strangely addictive. I love seeing the little message pop up telling me I have a new award - and I've had two in the last 24 hours that weren't even on the Reading Life page (Eat it and Prime Time) so it leaves me wondering what other secret awards they have up their sleeve. It's almost like being back at Girl Guides again. I wonder if the novelty will wear off (I've had it less than a week).
kiwipippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 02:34 PM   #9
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoran View Post
the actual screen?
Not really. The numbers show up pretty much as the image indicates, but the actual text is extremely thin and light making it difficult to read even in good light. This seems to be case with the system pages and menus on the KT.
Old 07-05-2011, 02:42 PM   #10
siraks
use the force
siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Lenovo K1
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwipippa View Post
I wonder if the novelty will wear off (I've had it less than a week).
it will get pushed to the back burner and you won't check as often but that one day / night you're reading and a new one pops up at the bottom of your screen you have to stop reading and click it to see what it's about.

i haven't gone into my actual reading life page to see the awards since the first week, maybe i'll do that when i get home before i load more books .
siraks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 02:51 PM   #11
Joe563
Never spit into the wind.
Joe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Kobo Original, Kobo Touch, Kobo Android(smartphone & tablet)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joywalker View Post
Hi, I'm just wondering:

When I clicked on 'Reading Life' and clicked again on 'Reading Stats', it only shows one page. But when I used my iPhone Kobo app,it shows 6 pages.

Is that normal or did I miss something here?
Yes, it probably is normal. My Kobo Touch also has only one page of stats and it has fewer stats than those in the Kobo App on my Android tablet.
Joe563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 03:40 PM   #12
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies
anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Uses batteries.
Does anyone know if there's a way to reset the Reading Life stats/awards back to zero/blank?

(For reference, I'm using the Android app.)
anamardoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 03:47 PM   #13
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by anamardoll View Post
Does anyone know if there's a way to reset the Reading Life stats/awards back to zero/blank?

Yes. From the home screen, within the menu select Settings. Under "Application" is "Clear Local Data". You'll get a confirm prompt. It mentions Awards will be erased but not the Stats. Hmmm.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 03:55 PM   #14
Joe563
Never spit into the wind.
Joe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Kobo Original, Kobo Touch, Kobo Android(smartphone & tablet)
Quote:
Originally Posted by anamardoll View Post

In the Kobo App for my Android Smartphone and Tablet, if you select the Menu (four stacked lines), then Settings, there is a Clear Local Data item which will clear awards AND imported library items and annotations. This may delete more than you want and I don't know what would happen to reading stats if you decided to do it.

Regards,
Joe
Joe563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 04:05 PM   #15
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies
anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Uses batteries.
That got the awards and the stats, thank you!

Yummy karma to you both.

I'm glad they included that option -- I'd flipped through an entire book as a "check out the app" thing and my Reading Life said my pages-per-minute was 497.

I wish I could see my stats from the website... and with a "combine devices" option. I have the Kobo app on my phone AND my tablet.........
anamardoll is offline   Reply With Quote