Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 09-07-2010, 10:52 AM   #1
tiniree
Zealot
tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: Nook 1st Gen
Won't let me delete it??

I downloaded and Acrobat file onto my Nook last night and this morning I decided I didn't want it on my device.

I went onto my computer, plugged in my nook and deleted the file.......I thought It was a bible download and the main title is gone from the My Docs section of the nook, but now there is another file name I don't recognize and I can't find it anywhere on my computer.

Help!

Marie
tiniree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 11:13 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiniree View Post
I downloaded and Acrobat file onto my Nook last night and this morning I decided I didn't want it on my device.

I went onto my computer, plugged in my nook and deleted the file.......I thought It was a bible download and the main title is gone from the My Docs section of the nook, but now there is another file name I don't recognize and I can't find it anywhere on my computer.

Help!

Marie
and what is that other file name?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 11:22 AM   #3
tiniree
Zealot
tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

All it says on my Nook is:

01_NumEd_Moses_FNL_rev.indd
Old 09-07-2010, 11:30 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Some sort of index file, perhaps?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 11:37 AM   #5
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
File extension INDD description:

The indd file extension is used by Adobe InDesign. The indd files are document with various formatting and graphics, created and used by the application.

Was it only the bible download you deleted ?
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 11:37 AM   #6
Rayven01
Nevermore
Rayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Nook, Nook Color, Stanza(iphone)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiniree View Post
01_NumEd_Moses_FNL_rev.indd
indd is the file extension for Adobe InDesign documents. Why this would be on your Nook I have no idea... InDesign can be used to create ePub or PDF documents but the raw page layout document isn't much use outside of the program.
Rayven01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 11:44 AM   #7
tiniree
Zealot

Have no idea! Driving me nuts. I can't find it on my computer anywhere.

I had two The Message bible files on my documents and I deleted both. When I ejected from the computer the nook deleted the Message but this shows up at the top of my list of My docs???

Marie
Old 09-07-2010, 12:02 PM   #8
tiniree
Zealot

Angry

Ok traced the file:

Restored the files (3) of The Message Bible to my computer. When I click on either of the three and go to properties, the file name 01_NumEd_Moses_FNL_rev.indd shows when I click the PDF tab at the top. How on earth do I delete this darned file from my nook??????

Marie
Old 09-07-2010, 12:25 PM   #9
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

i don't know enough about the nook to guide you.
perhaps someone with more knowledge will pop by .... soz
Old 09-07-2010, 02:36 PM   #10
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
The Nook shows up as a drive letter on your computer.
Open the Nook drive, go to the My Documents Folder, and delete the file you do not want.
After that "check for new content".
geertm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 03:17 PM   #11
tiniree
Zealot

Geertm -

THANK YOU SO MUCH! I am very new to the Nook and most things computer, but I swear I had already done what you suggested.

But, knowing a mistake must have been made, I followed your steps (had to look up how to find the Nook drive ) and TA DAH........ IT'S GONE!!!!

Thanks so much!

Marie
Old 09-09-2010, 11:26 AM   #12
GeoffC