Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 04-02-2010, 05:21 PM   #16
DTY
DTY began at the beginning.

Device: Thinkpad X41 Tablet, Acer Iconia Tab A500Android Tablet
With respect, do any of you work for B&N or Fictionwise? I'm from Brooklyn, & in Brooklyn they have a saying that's applies to what's going on with Fictionwise. "I've got your money sucker." I don't care what's going on with the other sites or the publishers what have you. I'm looking for specific info regarding why, when and how I'm getting what I paid for.

Let me again layout why I made this post, I'm looking for an answer from Fictionwise or B&N or a customer who's had a response from Fictionwise or B&N on what's going on. I've made purchases from Fictionwise, Fictionwise was paid, I want my product or at least an answer to when I'm going to get my product. I've gotten good information from the forums here in the past & I'm pretty sure all the seller's have people browsing.

It's not acceptable to me that 2 days in since I contacted a company & who knows how long since the problem has actually existed no response to myself or to their community of customers have been made.

They have known, do know there's a problem & the silence is deafening on a response. But oh yeah, send me some marketing on some other product I can buy from you.

DTY
DTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 05:31 PM   #17
DTY

Maybe your'e not paranoiad if they're actually watching you.

Minutes after my post/rant the following response showed up in my E-mail:

Hi,

We are currently working with our providers to resolve the download errors you are experiencing.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may be causing and thank you for your patience as we attempt to resolve this issue.

Best Regards,

Ted

DTY
Advert
Old 04-02-2010, 05:59 PM   #18
cfrizz
Wizard
cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung 54A, Kobo Libra H2O, Samsung S6 Lite
This makes me very happy that I ALWAYS download my books right after purchase.

And that answer DTY, is pretty much meaningless. Nothing like getting an answer that doesn't really tell you anything!

Last edited by cfrizz; 04-02-2010 at 06:01 PM.
cfrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 06:10 PM   #19
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTY View Post
With respect, do any of you work for B&N or Fictionwise? .....

Let me again layout why I made this post, I'm looking for an answer from Fictionwise or B&N or a customer who's had a response from Fictionwise or B&N on what's going on. I've made purchases from Fictionwise, Fictionwise was paid, I want my product or at least an answer to when I'm going to get my product. I've gotten good information from the forums here in the past & I'm pretty sure all the seller's have people browsing.

I rather doubt anyone from Fictionwise or B&N are going to answer you on this board. You need to call and email them directly. This isn't Fictionwise or Barnes & Noble. This is MobileRead. People can offer you assistance or their opinions or suspicions but if you want answers from someone in particular, you have to ask them. You're not.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 06:19 PM   #20
Kali Yuga
Professional Contrarian
Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 No Touchie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopaholic View Post
I rather doubt anyone from Fictionwise or B&N are going to answer you on this board. You need to call and email them directly. This isn't Fictionwise or Barnes & Noble. This is MobileRead. People can offer you assistance or their opinions or suspicions but if you want answers from someone in particular, you have to ask them. You're not.
+1

Running a major ecommerce site is far more complex than the average person comprehends. They can't just check one box on an internal web page and poof, all prices are immediately updated and ready to go.

A rep from Hachette pointed out that a transition like this is very complex, and that people shouldn't "overreact" if a book is temporarily unavailable on a specific site. Obviously he doesn't know the ebook contingent very well.
Kali Yuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-02-2010, 06:26 PM   #21
ATimson
Evangelist
ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kali Yuga View Post
A rep from Hachette pointed out that a transition like this is very complex, and that people shouldn't "overreact" if a book is temporarily unavailable on a specific site.
It wouldn't be unavailable if the publishers weren't unrealistic in terms of how long they allowed for a change of this magnitude.
ATimson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 06:32 PM   #22
DTY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopaholic View Post
Shop & Kali
As i laid out in my post, I did contact FW customer service. I posted here to see if I could "prompt" a response from FW or see if FW responded to another customer and that customer would then share the response.
With less respect, why are you answering my question with no answers . I appreciate thought.....
You know what, why am I wasting my time.
Thanx for lecture & non-information that has nothing to do with my post.

DTY
Old 04-02-2010, 07:07 PM   #23
DawnFalcon
Banned
DawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with others

Device: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kali Yuga View Post
+1

Running a major ecommerce site is far more complex than the average person comprehends. They can't just check one box on an internal web page and poof, all prices are immediately updated and ready to go.
True, it needs fifteen minutes work for a few hundred items. Less if you're applying a universal pricing model.

And yes, I have run sites based on three different, quite common, shopping carts. It's not rocket science - you just need to double-check before you push anything live.
DawnFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 11:23 AM   #24
Blandyna
Blandyna began at the beginning.

Device: etaco jet book lite
I got the same error messages as DTY when trying to download books I had purchases a month earlier but not opened. I could open any of the books I had download, though, and open new titles. When I e-mailed customer service, I did not receive a reply, but I know they got the message: The books I specifically mentioned disappeared from my bookshelf AND all my micropay credits disappeared. I am angry about this and especially angry about not hearing from Fictionwise. Does anyone have suggestions?
Blandyna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 12:31 PM   #25
calvin-c
Guru
calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moon+ Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blandyna View Post
I got the same error messages as DTY when trying to download books I had purchases a month earlier but not opened. I could open any of the books I had download, though, and open new titles. When I e-mailed customer service, I did not receive a reply, but I know they got the message: The books I specifically mentioned disappeared from my bookshelf AND all my micropay credits disappeared. I am angry about this and especially angry about not hearing from Fictionwise. Does anyone have suggestions?
If you didn't receive a reply then the odds are that they didn't get your message. IIRC a reply is sent automatically upon receipt of any message to FW's customer service. Perhaps you mean that you didn't get an answer, yet. In that case I'd suggest you wait a bit although you didn't say how long it's been since you sent your complaint. I've always gotten an answer (sort of-some of their 'answers' are rather non-informative, but it usually indicates that somebody has at least read my message) withing a week.

I'm not sure about the micropay credits disappearing, unless they 'disappeared' when you used them to purchase the books you cannot now download. If that's the case then it's possible that you're SOL (Simply Out of Luck-although if you know US slang then you'll probably replace Simply with a less polite word). The problem, in this case, is FW's policy of only guaranteeing that books are available for download for a limited time. The time limit has changed, from (IIRC) 3 months, down to a week, down to 3 days and (again, IIRC), down to an hour earlier this month. Whether or not those changes are legally defensible, I don't know-but I'm certain that it'd take a lawsuit to change them.
calvin-c is offline   Reply With Quote