Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 02-08-2010, 11:46 AM   #1
CyberSmoke53
Enthusiast
CyberSmoke53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyberSmoke53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyberSmoke53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyberSmoke53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyberSmoke53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyberSmoke53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyberSmoke53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyberSmoke53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyberSmoke53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyberSmoke53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyberSmoke53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
The Fire Appears to be Spreading

I was browsing around at Fictionwise this morning and I noticed something alarming! In the past month or more the backlist for one of my favorite authors has been available in multiple (drm) formats such as mobipocket, eReader, pdf, microsoft reader and a few Adobe Pdf/ or Adobe ePub.

This morning I looked at some of the items in my wish list.. my favorite format (eReader) is no longer available or the entire book is no longer available!! In some cases a couple of the books I bought about two weeks ago in eReader format are now only available in Adobe ePub.. (a format I won't be buying anytime soon as my pda nor jetbook lite support it).

I haven't heard anything from Fictionwise, but I am guessing the publisher wars are starting to spread to the Barnes and Noble group maybe??

Any one know any more scoop about this?

As usual customers are in the dark!
CyberSmoke53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 12:01 PM   #2
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Barnes and Noble switched from eReader to ePub without warning or notification. Perhaps they are dropping eReader across all their subsidiaries?

There are ways around Adobe DRM and ways to convert ePub to any format. Look around the forums here.
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert