Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 10-12-2009, 12:54 PM   #1
sahmad88
Zealot
sahmad88 will become famous soon enoughsahmad88 will become famous soon enoughsahmad88 will become famous soon enoughsahmad88 will become famous soon enoughsahmad88 will become famous soon enoughsahmad88 will become famous soon enough

Device: nook color
10% Education Discount at the SonyStyle.com

I was poking around the sony website and noticed there is an Education Store for qualified faculty and students. You can get 10% off readers and accessories. That means the PRS-600 is only $270 and the PRS-300 is only $180. That is the lowest I have been able to find the 600 for.

Here is a quote from their terms and conditions:

Quote:
Sony Style Campus Program
Eligibility:
The following individuals are eligible to make purchases through the Sony Style Campus Store and receive discounts:

All faculty and staff members from an accredited college or university in the United States.
All students currently attending or accepted into an accredited college or university in the United States.
All parents and legal guardians purchasing on behalf of their child who is a student currently attending or accepted into an accredited college or university in the United States.
Sony's Education Program cannot be combined with any other purchase program available through Sony Style.

Eligible Products:
Sony Style provides an education discounts to eligible students, faculty and staff members for select VAIO® Notebook computers, desktops and accessories. Education discounts are not available for other product purchases. The Sony Style education discount is subject to change at any time.

Purchase Quantity:
Faculty, staff, students and parents will be allowed to purchase the following quantities of products from the Sony Style Campus Store per academic school year:

One (1) desktop per academic year
One (1) notebook per academic year
Miscellaneous:
The above purchases can be made either online at www.sonystyle.com or through a Sony Style Retail Store. Total product quantities remain the same regardless of where your purchase is made.

Education discounts are not available for other product purchases. The Sony Style education discount is subject to change at any time. Qualifying purchases can be made either online at www.sonystyle.com or through a Sony Style Retail Store. If you do not agree to the terms of this offer and the Terms and Conditions applicable to all Sony Style purchases, you may not participate in this offer. Sony reserves the right to modify or terminate this program at any time.

The schools listed on Sony Style's Campus Program registration page are listed for informational purposes only. The fact that a particular school is listed is not necessarily an indication or statement that Sony Electronics Inc. endorses, is affiliated with or has a relationship, contractual or otherwise, with such school.
sahmad88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 11:40 AM   #2
mrscoach
Guru
mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy tab
If it is limited to select VAIO notebooks, desktops and accessories, does it cover the readers? I haven't checked, but are the ereaders considered "accessories"?
mrscoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-13-2009, 08:37 PM   #3
sahmad88
Zealot
sahmad88 will become famous soon enoughsahmad88 will become famous soon enoughsahmad88 will become famous soon enoughsahmad88 will become famous soon enoughsahmad88 will become famous soon enoughsahmad88 will become famous soon enough

Device: nook color
Yes, you get 10% off the ereaders. I know the wording of the terms doesn't list it, but they are covered. It includes the readers and the accessories.
sahmad88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 10:47 AM   #4
ziegl027
Addict
ziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony Touch, Kindle DXG
Does NOT include the 900

I finally got ahold of somebody that seemed to have half a clue at Sony. I was trying to buy through the Campus Store, but they are having problems and you cannot get to the Campus Store at the moment, and I haven't been able to for about three days.

Turns out the 900 isn't eligible for the 10% discount, only the Pocket and the Touch . Why, when I *was* able to navigate to the Campus Store the Daily was posted there, front and center, was not adequately explained to me. Seems to me that they would at least have some notation on the main screen in the Campus Store over the Daily stating that it was not eligible.

All in all, a piss-poor experience.
ziegl027 is offline   Reply With Quote