Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Handhelds and Smartphones

Notices

Old 04-08-2005, 05:04 AM   #1
Colin Dunstan
Is papyrophobic!
Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim
Making the move from Palm to PocketPC

Our friend TankerBob wrote a wonderful essay explaining how he made the transition from being a dedicated Palm user for seven years to becoming a passionate Dell Axim X50v owner. His first week bottom line:

I've learned an incredible amount in just one week. At this point, I’ve come to the conclusion that Pocket PC isn't the dark side—it's just another side. Hardware advances and hard work by Microsoft and their partners have brought the Pocket PC to a point of roughly equal stability and overall performance with Palm OS devices. Out of the box, their networking capability and built-in WiFi and VGA displays give them a large advantage amongst the growing number of home WiFi networkers and travelers requiring mobile access to the internet and/or home/office networks. On the other hand, if a user only needs to track schedules and contacts, or even work with MS Office-compatible files, a Palm might be a more efficient solution in both cost and complexity.

Other useful guides for making the transition are Bob's following three essays: I Took The Plunge, PalmOS to Pocket PC: Part I - Intro and PalmOS to Pocket PC: Part II - Conversion!