Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 02-24-2013, 02:15 PM   #1
Steadyhands
Connoisseur
Steadyhands began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Tablet
Find/Replace text into both dialog boxes

Is there a way to put the selected text into both the find and replace dialog boxes in the same action?

My workflow now is to Select the text, Ctrl-C, Ctrl-F, put cursor in the replace box and Ctrl-V. I then tweak the replace version to suit.
Steadyhands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 02:25 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steadyhands View Post
Is there a way to put the selected text into both the find and replace dialog boxes in the same action?

My workflow now is to Select the text, Ctrl-C, Ctrl-F, put cursor in the replace box and Ctrl-V. I then tweak the replace version to suit.
That is what I do
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2013, 02:29 PM   #3
Steadyhands
Connoisseur
Steadyhands began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Tablet
I was thinking it would be nice to be able to do this in one action and assign it a hotkey.
Steadyhands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 02:35 PM   #4
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I tend to do it that way too. But in all honesty, I'm not sure that pre-populating both boxes would save me (personally) all that much time. I've usually got enough changes to make that one more copy/paste key-combo isn't really going to put me out all that much.

I certainly wouldn't be opposed to such a feature, but I don't think there's anyway to accomplish it with past or current versions.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 02:23 PM   #5
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
It would be pretty easy to use Ctrl-F to populate both boxes instead of just one, but I wonder if that would cause any problems for anyone.
meme is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-25-2013, 02:51 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by meme View Post
It would be pretty easy to use Ctrl-F to populate both boxes instead of just one, but I wonder if that would cause any problems for anyone.
Actually, Yes!
Sometime I use ONE replace value over multiple Searches.

When I want to use the same, I copy and Paste.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote