Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 10-16-2011, 05:37 PM   #1
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
Leon Uris

A bunch of Leon Uris' books have now been published as ebooks including Exodus, Mila 18, Battle Cry, QB VII, Topaz, and The Haj.

http://inkmesh.com/search/?qs=author...+Uris%22&ct=eb
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 05:52 PM   #2
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Oh gosh - we used to walk about with "Exodus" for [what was the equivalent of then] street cred.
I actually read it, and "enjoyed" it , but have never visited him since - p'raps here's my chance.....
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-16-2011, 08:14 PM   #3
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
I'm reading QB VII because I saw the mini-series with Anthony Hopkins years ago and enjoyed it.
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 08:33 PM   #4
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Thanks for that Ben!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 09:07 PM   #5
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
A number of the Leon Uris titles are published by Open Road, so at Kobo, for example, you can use coupons for them.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-17-2011, 12:40 AM   #6
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
A number of the Leon Uris titles are published by Open Road, so at Kobo, for example, you can use coupons for them.
Some of the Open Road ebooks have already been discounted by Amazon to be cheaper than the corresponding paperback. Unfortunately B&N and Kobo have not followed suit.
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 05:02 PM   #7
thalia777
thalia777 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle,Sony,IPad
Read Exodus way back in the 70's when I was a teenager.went on to read his other books,including Trinity.Leon Uris was probably one of the authors who helped nurture my early reading,though I was an avid reader well before then.Strangely enough I Googled him a few weeks back so only just learned he'd passed away.Was quite shocked,though why I don't know.The sudden realisation of time passing,I guess.
thalia777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 06:35 PM   #8
straygator
Connoisseur
straygator is generous with chocolatestraygator is generous with chocolatestraygator is generous with chocolatestraygator is generous with chocolatestraygator is generous with chocolatestraygator is generous with chocolatestraygator is generous with chocolatestraygator is generous with chocolatestraygator is generous with chocolatestraygator is generous with chocolatestraygator is generous with chocolate

Device: Kindle
Very cool. Thanks for that. I’ll have to revisit Uris – I haven’t read, or thought of him since the mid-70s. Trinity, Exodus and QB VII were the first ‘adult’ novels I read and got me through a long summer where they were about the only English language anything I could find. (Though I originally picked up QB VII thinking it was about chess – queen’s bishop seven in the old descriptive chess notation . . .)
straygator is offline   Reply With Quote