Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-23-2011, 08:55 AM   #1
charleslou
charleslou with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitcharleslou with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitcharleslou with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitcharleslou with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitcharleslou with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitcharleslou with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitcharleslou with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitcharleslou with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitcharleslou with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitcharleslou with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitcharleslou with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: Nook HD+ & iPad 4
Smile Can you use wifi/3G to load books or articles on to 950?

I had a PRS-950 a while ago and was content with sideloading books via the USB cable. Then I got a Kindle 3, with which I can just send personal documents or articles to my Kindle via Kindle email, and the documents will automatically show up on my kindle. I really like Kindle's capability of loading materials via wifi/3G and without a USB cable. Is there any way to load books or articles, that are not from the Sony Store, to your PRS-950 via wifi/3G and without a USB cable? I am asking because I will have the PRS-950 back and would like to make better use of its wifi/3G capacity. Thanks.
charleslou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 12:09 AM   #2
vxf
Guru
vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 350, 900, 950; Kindles (ALL of them!); Kobo Aura One
No, not unless you hack the device. You can only get content from the SONY store via wifi or 3g.

I agree, considering it even has a web-browser, it is disappointing.
vxf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert