Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Flea Market

Notices

Old 09-22-2008, 10:26 AM   #1
UKJames
UKJames is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.UKJames is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.UKJames is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.UKJames is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.UKJames is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.UKJames is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.UKJames is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.UKJames is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.UKJames is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.UKJames is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.UKJames is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: None!
Ebook reader, probably a Sony but open to anything - shipped to the UK!

Hi - I'm looking for my first reader, and having poked around the forums for far too long, it seemed sensible to ask here if anyone had one for sale they're willing to ship over here! I'm probably after a Sony, as they seem to be the cheapest, but the Iliad is pretty tempting too - but let me know what you have! My flatmate's lusting after a PRS-505, and can afford a 500, so I may be after a couple...

James
UKJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 10:28 AM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
I don't understand your request. The PRS-505 is already available at Waterstone's in the UK.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 10:46 AM   #3
UKJames
UKJames is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.UKJames is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.UKJames is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.UKJames is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.UKJames is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.UKJames is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.UKJames is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.UKJames is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.UKJames is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.UKJames is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.UKJames is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
The PRS-505 is already available at Waterstone's in the UK.
Yes, but a second-hand one is going to be significantly cheaper, even allowing for shipping internationally. And I'm not just after a PRS-505 - looking back, plenty of other readers have gone for a lot less than £200.
Old 09-22-2008, 10:53 AM   #4
simond
Fanatic
simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPad, iPhone
The PRS-500 on ebay seems to go for about £100, I know that's how much mine sold for recently
simond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 11:35 AM   #5
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I know you're looking for something second-hand, but I'd still recommend considering the CyBook from www.whsmith.co.uk for £180.

They are a bit back-ordered though.

Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKJames View Post
Hi - I'm looking for my first reader, and having poked around the forums for far too long, it seemed sensible to ask here if anyone had one for sale they're willing to ship over here! I'm probably after a Sony, as they seem to be the cheapest, but the Iliad is pretty tempting too - but let me know what you have! My flatmate's lusting after a PRS-505, and can afford a 500, so I may be after a couple...

James
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 05:52 AM   #6
UKJames

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
I know you're looking for something second-hand, but I'd still recommend considering the CyBook from www.whsmith.co.uk for £180.
That does look like a reasonable-sized loss-leader, certainly, and I have yet to be impressed with Sony's aftersales service. I don't suppose you're any relation to pdurrant at Cix? The Quark connection rings a bell...

James