Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 12-28-2010, 01:12 PM   #1
surfer_jo_phd
surfer_jo_phd began at the beginning.

Device: nookcolor
Angry Nook

Santa gave me a nookcolor. I'm trying to set it up using an apple extreme airport base station. The nook is connecting to the base station, but I'm getting a message stating, "connected, but no internet." This is strange because my laptop is connected to the same base station and it's working just fine. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this? If not, the nook is going back to B&N. Thanks for your help.
surfer_jo_phd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 02:14 PM   #2
jasonkchapman
Guru
jasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it is

Device: Sony Reader, nook, Droid, nookColor, nookTablet
I've never used an Airport Extreme, so I don't know how it's configured, but I've used the nookColor with four different access points under my control and with at least three different open APs with no problem. Does it successfully get an IP address from the DHCP server? If so, are you using a proxy server?
jasonkchapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 04:07 PM   #3
Mitzasuro
Connoisseur
Mitzasuro doesn't litterMitzasuro doesn't litter

Device: Nook, Nook Color
Is the extreme a wireless N? If it is you need to change to mix B and G
Mitzasuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 05:13 PM   #4
taustin
Wizard
taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
Is something serving as a DHCP server? If so, is it delivering IP addresses for DNS servers? No to either of these questions will produce what you're seeing.
taustin is offline   Reply With Quote