Notices

Old 03-18-2010, 05:48 PM   #1
ondabeach
Groupie
ondabeach doesn't litterondabeach doesn't litter

Device: HTC touch Diamond, Ipaq 3115
Talking JoinTech JE200 $249 delivered!

Hi all,

Just a quicky to let you know we now have the JoinTech JE200 for sale on the site now. As an introductory offer we are paying the $50 delivery fee for you so you only $249 USD. The JE200 is a WinCE based multifunction device that you can use to simplt read eBooks or it can replace your laptop for most functions. There is plenty to read on them here at MR in the 'Other Devices' sub-forums.

Having a background in hardware and software I am providing all the after sales service personally so you can PM me here, email me at the site or at home, I'm never far away.

Cheers,

Steve.
ondabeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 02:15 PM   #2
imaredr
Collector
imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook
So do you think that you will sell the JE100? Other than that, I think that is a good price for the 200 esp with the free shipping. The only reason I ask about the JE100 is that it supports ereader much better than the JE200. I made the mistake of updating my JE100 and now it doesn't play well with ereader. Now I need to find a way to downgrade back to the original firmware.

Ellen
imaredr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-21-2010, 05:40 PM   #3
tank4141
Enthusiast
tank4141 began at the beginning.

Here you go

If you email Jointech at support@jointech.com.hk they'll give you the original firmware for the je-100.
tank4141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 11:08 PM   #4
ondabeach
Groupie

Hi Ellen,

Not too sure at the moment, we'll let the dust settle a bit before we decide. With a new model on the way there may well be a restructuring of prices across the JE series, we'll just have to wait and see.

Let me know if you have any dramas reverting back to your original firmware and we'll help sort you out.

What problems are you having with ereader when running the JE200 firmware?
Old 03-22-2010, 06:50 PM   #5
imaredr
Collector
imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ondabeach View Post
Hi Ellen,

Not too sure at the moment, we'll let the dust settle a bit before we decide. With a new model on the way there may well be a restructuring of prices across the JE series, we'll just have to wait and see.

Let me know if you have any dramas reverting back to your original firmware and we'll help sort you out.

What problems are you having with ereader when running the JE200 firmware?
Onda,

So are you saying that Jointech is coming out with a new device?

As far as my JE100 situation, I don't have the original files or instructions to get it to roll back to the original firmware. Now that it has been upgraded, I can no longer use the older Pocket PC version of Palm eReader (Version 2.6.3). The newer version (3.0) installs, but I have to use JotKeyboard to enter the UserName and Password to unlock the books. The default keyboard keeps disappearing everytime I try to enter info. Also when it starts up I have to rotate the screen in order to see the books listed in the Library. Otherwise all I get is a white screen with arrows. Then after I open the book, I have to close the program and then restart it to get it to work in portrait mode again. I had to do this with the JE200 even before the update, but I would rather not have to go through this with the JE100 especially since the program used to work. One of the reason why I prefer the JE100.

Ellen
Advert
Old 03-23-2010, 05:34 PM   #6
ondabeach
Groupie

Hi Ellen,

If you email support@jointech.com.hk they can send you a file that you can put onto the sd card which you can boot from to put your JE100 back to it's 'out of the box' state.
Old 03-23-2010, 05:44 PM   #7
ondabeach
Groupie

Oh, and yes, there is a new model coming with built in WiFi, more memory, faster processor and a few other goodies but no other details or release dates yet, sorry.
Old 03-23-2010, 05:50 PM   #8
imaredr
Collector

Onda,

I have a couple of emails sent and I am still waiting for a response. Usually they respond quickly so I should hear from them soon.

Ellen
Old 03-24-2010, 05:11 AM   #9
ondabeach
Groupie

Let me know if they don't get back to you soon and I'll chase them up.
Old 03-24-2010, 07:51 PM   #10
imaredr
Collector

Quote:
Let me know if they don't get back to you soon and I'll chase them up.
I got an email with a link to the same firmware update today. I guess I just don't have the right wording to get them to understand what I want.

Ellen
Old 03-24-2010, 11:38 PM   #11
ondabeach
Groupie

Sorry to hear that Ellen, I'll get onto them Ellen and sort it out for you.
Old 03-25-2010, 08:37 AM   #12
imaredr
Collector

Quote:
Sorry to hear that Ellen, I'll get onto them Ellen and sort it out for you.
Thanks Onda!

Ellen
Old 03-25-2010, 05:28 PM   #13
ondabeach
Groupie

Hi Ellen, I'm afraid this http://www.jointech.com.hk/upgrade.html is the only firmware that is available for the JE 100. They do not have previous versions so that you can rollback your device.

Were the kbd and orientation issues apparent on the original JE 100 firmware and version 3.0 of eReader, or had you not tried that combination?

Why can you not use eReader 2.6, do you get errors when installing? There may be some support files missing from the JE 100 after upgrade that we can replace.
Old 03-25-2010, 07:03 PM   #14
imaredr
Collector

Quote:
Hi Ellen, I'm afraid this http://www.jointech.com.hk/upgrade.html is the only firmware that is available for the JE 100. They do not have previous versions so that you can rollback your device.

Were the kbd and orientation issues apparent on the original JE 100 firmware and version 3.0 of eReader, or had you not tried that combination?

Why can you not use eReader 2.6, do you get errors when installing? There may be some support files missing from the JE 100 after upgrade that we can replace.
Thanks for trying Onda. I had no problems with the original firmware. I used version 2.6.3 that I got from the Smart Q forum. Kaonews had modified it for the Smart Q7. Also I tried the official 2.6.3 from Ereader. Both time I get that it is not a valid CE program.
Now I find that Mobipocket will not work with the new firmware. I get fatal errors each time I try to start it.

So the only thing I can figure to do is to install the JE200 firmware on the JE100. At least mobipocket works and while I have the orientation issue, the default keyboard works. I think that I can install it, but I don't know. I have to check with Jointech.

Ellen
Old 03-26-2010, 04:33 PM   #15
Nation.A.List
Addict
Nation.A.List doesn't litterNation.A.List doesn't litter

Device: SmartQ 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaredr View Post
Thanks for trying Onda. I had no problems with the original firmware....<snip>
Ellen

Does nobody with a JE100 have a copy