Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-25-2009, 01:35 PM   #1
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
Ebooks Have Taken Over all my electronics!

http://picasaweb.google.com/flushing...eat=directlink
they are everywhere!.

My PSP (CFW and BOOKr)
My Nintendo DS (Flashcart and Moonshell)
My 42" TV (just plugged into my PC)
My At&t Tilt (MobiPocket Reader for PPC)
My MP3 Player (Iaudio X5, its Old, but it was better than Ipods at the time)
And Last, but Not least my PRS 700.

Note, I ran out of Electronics, I did not find a single device of mine i couldnt put an ebook on!
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 01:44 PM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
resistance is futile.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-25-2009, 01:49 PM   #3
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
resistance is futile.

Why put them on so many devices?
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 01:51 PM   #4
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

boredom on a Sunday afternoon.

and im plugging my PSP in for the first time in months, Have to wait for the battery to charge so i can Update it (from 3.90 to 5.00) so I have some time to kill.
Old 01-25-2009, 02:13 PM   #5
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andybaby View Post
boredom on a Sunday afternoon.

and im plugging my PSP in for the first time in months, Have to wait for the battery to charge so i can Update it (from 3.90 to 5.00) so I have some time to kill.
You could be spending that quality time reading, you know
Advert
Old 01-25-2009, 02:17 PM   #6
Andybaby
Wizard

but then i cant make pretty photo collages and share them with you
Old 01-25-2009, 02:19 PM   #7
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andybaby View Post
but then i cant make pretty photo collages and share them with you
True. Collages are always fun.
Old 01-25-2009, 02:31 PM   #8
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2", OnePlus 6
That pic of the NDS made me think why a device with two back-lighted color LCD, one of them touch sensitive, last so many hours, with sound...

...while the ereaders with touch screen see such a decrease in battery life. Maybe they should check out Nintendo's touch screen technology
Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 02:43 PM   #9
Andybaby
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Over View Post
That pic of the NDS made me think why a device with two back-lighted color LCD, one of them touch sensitive, last so many hours, with sound...

...while the ereaders with touch screen see such a decrease in battery life. Maybe they should check out Nintendo's touch screen technology
then NDS Lithium ion battery delivering five to 19 hours of play on up to a three-hour charge. though I Ussully get close to 3 with max backlight.

An Irex lasts over 10 i think.
Old 01-25-2009, 03:49 PM   #10
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
resistance is futile.
We are the eBorg?
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 05:40 PM   #11
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Over View Post

Battery life drops significantly as the backlight and sound are increased. That's why I usually leave my DSL at the lowest possible setting. (which is fine for playing indoors with the curtains closed)

Also consider that, even when combined, screen area is a lot smaller than is typical for dedicated ebook devices.
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 05:41 PM   #12
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

On a slightly related note, my sister is letting me have her old DS so I can get that cool cooking game (not cooking mama, the one that actually tells you what to cook).
Old 01-25-2009, 05:46 PM   #13
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
On a slightly related note, my sister is letting me have her old DS so I can get that cool cooking game (not cooking mama, the one that actually tells you what to cook).
I've got that one. It's pretty useful.
Old 01-25-2009, 05:49 PM   #14
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylrob View Post
I've got that one. It's pretty useful.
How many recipes are on it?
Old 01-25-2009, 05:57 PM   #15
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
How many recipes are on it?
245 recipes.